TGC The Game Crafter and Shipping costs

Winterchild

well, does the Zombie deck come with a book? or just the deck?

Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box** (i calculated this going to New Zealand)
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
Maximum weight 4 pounds.
6 - 10 business days
$16.95
$16.95

If just a deck, i can't imagine the cards being larger than this small priority package sized box,
which is 8 5/8 inches x 5 3/8 inches ...are the Zombie cards that big?

This flat rate box takes up to 4 lbs... surely the cards don't weigh over 4 lbs? :bugeyed: right?

You can check it out here:
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10324&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=13
(this was calculated to New Zealand)

If that link doesn't show up, then try this:

http://ircalc.usps.com/?country=10324
(click on the 'more' tab on the right to get to the priority box in question)

...hope those links are working

:heart: Lyn

I thought this Lyn but they insist in their own boxes... last tie it was around 21/22 bucks for a small Tarat and one normal size deck... and that was in one of those white boxes that are about 10"x10"x3" roughly. Full of paper!!!

Having similar problems with the Wild Unknown... they want 20 bucks per deck... thats like 30 NZD and the deck is about the same!!!

tarotlyn

I thought this Lyn but they insist in their own boxes... last tie it was around 21/22 bucks for a small Tarat and one normal size deck... and that was in one of those white boxes that are about 10"x10"x3" roughly. Full of paper!!!

Having similar problems with the Wild Unknown... they want 20 bucks per deck... thats like 30 NZD and the deck is about the same!!!
Yikes, i thought TGC posted that they had changed their box size to appropriately accommodate
the size deck you were purchasing? ...thought i read that recently?

So, if it is like you say...forced large boxes and forced insurance (although they always gave me the option
of whether i wanted the ins. or not)... well...then what have they really changed for the better?

Also, Winterchild, who are the "Wild Unkown" people? Never heard of them?
Do you have a link to them?

:heart: Lyn

gregory

That's another not TGC deck - there is a thread. Somewhere....

The Game Crafter

Not sure which option this was but it was the cheapest... they insist on insuring too.

Just to clarify, we don't actually insist on insuring. There is a big button where you can turn that off right below the shipping selector.

The Game Crafter

Yikes, i thought TGC posted that they had changed their box size to appropriately accommodate
the size deck you were purchasing? ...thought i read that recently?

So, if it is like you say...forced large boxes and forced insurance (although they always gave me the option
of whether i wanted the ins. or not)... well...then what have they really changed for the better?

We haven't changed anything on insurance. You can still turn that off. In addition, we do offer more shipping options such as USPS Priority Flat Rate and USPS First Class.

The reason Zombie Apocalypse Tarot is so expensive to ship is that the game designer chose to use the Large Game Box rather than a small tuck box. We can't ship large game boxes any cheaper.

The Game Crafter

The shipping options to NZ havent changed..... I have a credit to use at GC and want to get Zombie Apocalypse Tarot (thanks for that greggors!!!) ut they want 42 bucks shipping!!! Last time I got 2 decks and it was 21....

Can I get the Zombie anywhere wlse does anyone know?

The reason Zombie Apocalypse Tarot is so expensive to ship is that the game designer chose to use the Large Game Box rather than a small tuck box. We can't ship large game boxes any cheaper. If you contact the designer of Zombie Apocalypse Tarot and tell them to upgrade to a Medium Game Box or then it would be cheaper to ship. We're also working on additional packaging options for Jumbo Decks which would make them easier to ship.

Bertrand

How it took so long....
In a sense I'm glad it took them too long, in the meantime thanks to Tarotlyn I found a better provider for tarot sized cards, although I'm also still fond of TGC mini decks that as far as I know only them offer.

edited to add : I'm really glad to see TheGameCrafter replying here and taking into account customers suggestions, and I'm still happy to do a part of my business with them.

Winterchild

The reason Zombie Apocalypse Tarot is so expensive to ship is that the game designer chose to use the Large Game Box rather than a small tuck box. We can't ship large game boxes any cheaper. If you contact the designer of Zombie Apocalypse Tarot and tell them to upgrade to a Medium Game Box or then it would be cheaper to ship. We're also working on additional packaging options for Jumbo Decks which would make them easier to ship.

How big is the ZA box? I just emailed you a link to USPS First Class which allows for a package to measure a total width = depth = height of 36" and a weight of 3llb for 17.42 USD to NZ...

I do appreciate you help here!! Thank you!

gregory

12 inches square. And the postage box has to be bigger than that. And they won't leave them out, even if you ask ! (I would like that option at times, TGC...)

Winterchild

I am still trying... I asked if I could have the small decks put in the ZA box!!!