starchild tarot akashic edition!

KristinCali

I was expecting only the gilded edges and changed cardbacks to be the second edition's new offerings, but SO many of the cards were changed, one can't even call it a tweak! (I mean, I consider the second-edition TWU "tweaked.") I don't follow Danielle on any of her social media platforms, so I knew nothing about the changes until I was able to lay the cards of the first and second editions side by side.

I am SO disappointed by the changed cards! I tried searching but I never saw the new cards posted anywhere or I would not have bought the Akashic edition. I adore the Starseed card in the original deck and don't care for it in the Akashic one. Same thing as Perspective, the Tower, the World, don't like them as much as the original deck :( I wish the Starchild website was more clear about how many cards were changed.

illyria

I am SO disappointed by the changed cards! I tried searching but I never saw the new cards posted anywhere or I would not have bought the Akashic edition. I adore the Starseed card in the original deck and don't care for it in the Akashic one. Same thing as Perspective, the Tower, the World, don't like them as much as the original deck :( I wish the Starchild website was more clear about how many cards were changed.

That's too bad, Kristin. I realize that one's fondness for one edition doesn't necessarily translate to the next, but I'm quite relieved that the Akashic is like a completely different deck. I don't necessarily like buying multiples of decks (except, well, for The Fountain Tarot) because of space concerns. Perhaps you can pass it along via the Trading Forum to someone else!

KristinCali

That's too bad, Kristin. I realize that one's fondness for one edition doesn't necessarily translate to the next, but I'm quite relieved that the Akashic is like a completely different deck. I don't necessarily like buying multiples of decks (except, well, for The Fountain Tarot) because of space concerns. Perhaps you can pass it along via the Trading Forum to someone else!

After rereading my post I didn't mean to sound harsh. There's nothing wrong with creating a new deck but this was not advertised as a new deck. I guess I'm just sad because I purchased it thinking it would be more similar to the original. I've already made a post on the trading forums!

Citrin

I don’t own the first edition, only the Akashic edition, but judging from images and videos online I prefer the Akashic, even though both are beautiful. :) I think the Akashic has deeper and more vibrant colors, I like how the sky in a some of the cards have been changed to the more pink/purple ”cosmic sky” instead of the blocky-looking 70’s psychadelic one the first edition had… The only card I really prefer in the first edition is The Lovers. Not really fond of the Akashic Lovers card. :-/

MissChiff

I have not spent much time with this deck.... The cards themselves are just stunning! I love the pastels...soothing...

kp.

there are definitely a lot of changes! i have favorites from both decks, so i'm glad i am lucky enough to own each one.

i also caught the color backing on those few cards in the akashic. noticed it right away. it bothers me but they're not my favorite cards so it doesn't drive me nuts.

glad you guys found wild moon woman's youtube, it was great! very informative about the exact changes that have been made.

been using mine every day, it's gorgeous and it's been doing great with client readings!

MoonGypsy

Does anyone know if there will be another printing of the Akashic Starchild?

They are listed as SOLD OUT on the StarChild Tarot Website. Sadly, i missed out on
all the editions thus far...

ayuryogini

Good news!!

Yesterday, they posted on their FB page that the Starchild Akashic deck would be back in stock in the next two weeks.

Think about getting their tarot cloth, too. It's really nice and goes so beautifully with the deck.

Astilano

Good news!!

Yesterday, they posted on their FB page that the Starchild Akashic deck would be back in stock in the next two weeks.

Think about getting their tarot cloth, too. It's really nice and goes so beautifully with the deck.

Thanks for sharing. One of the most beautiful decks.

tarotesoterica

I love this deck. I do wonder how to gold edges will hold up though. Its so pretty I haven't even really used it. I just take it out and look at the lovely artwork then put it back on the shelf.