The Art of Kipper Card Reading (Book)

Astraea

Thanks for taking the trouble to google that for me, Astraea! :heart:

The more you describe the book, the more I think it is a great investment, haha! ;) Going off to order it now.
Well...I am being quite the enabler, but I think of it in these terms: the Mystical Kipper is around $12-15 US, and Ciro's Fin de Siecle is around $22 US...so the book is not too bad. :D

The Happy Squirrel

Well...I am being quite the enabler, but I think of it in these terms: the Mystical Kipper is around $12-15 US, and Ciro's Fin de Siecle is around $22 US...so the book is not too bad. :D

I just bought it :D

Total USD $44.25 with shipping to New Zealand. Not cheap. But nothing is cheap when shipped to NZ :/

Astraea

Total USD $44.25 with shipping to New Zealand. Not cheap. But nothing is cheap when shipped to NZ :/
Hope you like it! Be prepared, shipping is not speedy - it takes Lulu 3-5 days to print the book, then standard shipping is pretty slow (compared to Amazon, especially).

Wanted to mention - one of the things I really like about the book is that for the People Cards, he lists combinations not only in terms of two cards together, but where they fall directionally with respect to a Person significator (e.g., what it means when a card is above, below, to the right or left of the Main Male, Main Female or other Person significator). I thought that was a nice touch.

Padma

Cheaper than here! The total came to $48.15. But that also has to do with the low Canadian dollar just now. I truly hope it is worth it, though of course after Astraea's review, it seems it is :)

Astraea

Cheaper than here! The total came to $48.15. But that also has to do with the low Canadian dollar just now. I truly hope it is worth it, though of course after Astraea's review, it seems it is :)
Mine came to $32, so it is quite a bit more expensive outside the US - I am sorry to hear that! But honestly, it's a good book in my opinion - and I hope you and Happy Squirrel will agree. If a major publisher had picked it up, it probably would have cost around $20 - like Rana's book, published by Llewellyn. That's the major drawback to indie books.

Padma

Mine came to $32, so it is quite a bit more expensive outside the US - I am sorry to hear that! But honestly, it's a good book in my opinion - and I hope you and Happy Squirrel will agree. If a major publisher had picked it up, it probably would have cost around $20 - like Rana's book, published by Llewellyn. That's the major drawback to indie books.

Astraea, I take your word that it is good, and I have no worries. In any case, it is the only book in English! So it will have to do! ;) I'm ok with it, really. :love:

Astraea

Astraea, I take your word that it is good, and I have no worries. In any case, it is the only book in English! So it will have to do! ;) I'm ok with it, really. :love:
:love: to you, as well!

Padma

:love: to you, as well!

You're a sweetie, Astraea! I shall be sure to come back and let you know how helpful I find the book. Just the fact that it includes good descriptions on all the people, as well as directionality, is awesome! ;)

Laura Borealis

I keep seeing the thread title out of the corner of my eye, and misreading it as The Art of Kipper Coloring Book. :p