Questions about time span and location

Adde

I am curious about two things and I hope I posted in the right thread.

First, I'm interested in finding out why some things happened the way they did in the past. So, I wonder how long can I go back in time using the tarot cards? A year or more? What I'm looking for is not an interpretation on days/ months/ etc for future, but a time span accuracy for the past. Let's say: why did X walk away from me? This sort of question, at least to begin with.

Second, how do you tell location? Where is someone located? Big city vs small town, for example. Regarding this, I drew a card asking about someone I know: "Where is he now?" What I had in mind was whether he was still in the capital (big city) or went to his home town. The card I pulled out was The World. Don't ask me why, but I think he's still in the capital, only not for long... Somehow the World makes me think about a big, crowded city, full of people. It should also mean the completion of a cycle; he will start moving, leaving this place if he hasn't already (as being in the process of moving). I've also looked at the two cards resulted when cutting: 5 of Cups and 2 of Wands. He's upset, disappointed, doesn't like it (5/C); not sure about the 2/W, but I'd say he's still waiting for something to change or pondering over things.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Any help in determining time and location with tarot would be greatly appreciated :)

Adde

I guess I posted a much too general question and it got lost among others. Still, if anyone is willing to shed some light over my questions, I'm here. Thanks.

nisaba

Just make up a spread with positions for the different bits of information that you want, then look at the cards that fall in those positions.

Of course, sometimes no good can come of probing back in the past when you're meant to be focussing on your present or future - if that is the case, I'd expect the cards to be a garbled nonsense to you. :)