Timing - Knight wands v 8 wands

acquario

Hello,

I asked when, as in how soon, a specific event would take place and I pulled the Knight of wands. (I did this as a part of a spread which is why I post here.) Now, I know this is fast but for me Knight wands has usually meant that a person will turn unexpectedly and out of the blue. This event does have to do with a person, but I was just wondering what your views are on the Knight wands compared to 8 wands when it comes to how soon/quickly an event will happen.

The reason I am asking is to understand that if the Knight wands is only showing how soon and not the arrival of this person, then I am wondering if it is possibly sooner or later than would be indicated had I pulled the 8 wands.

When 8 wands has turned up for me before it has usually indicated at once, within a few hours to the next day or so, but then it has never turned up for a specific question on timing.

Grizabella

The 8 of Wands sometimes (these days, anyway) can indicate internet or phone communication, which happens in a flash of a second. But the Knight of Wands as I see it would mean something happening in a certain phase of the year. I think Wands are summer, so it would mean that whatever this is, it won't happen till next summer. (I could be wrong about Wands being summer because there are varying opinions on that. For me, it's summer.) You have to devise your own method of telling time with your cards. A search will bring you nisaba's method she uses and you could do something similar. I think she designates a certain deck solely for the use in timing but the details are here somewhere. Maybe she'll happen along and post the link. :)

As for me, Cups are spring, Wands are summer, Pentacles are fall, and Swords are winter.

porcupines

I agree with what Grizabella said above in terms of devising your own method. I have experimented with different methods and taken note of my readings. Over time, I have a better sense of what time frame my cards are picking up through experience.

For example, in my experience, 8W has represented text/email communication within a few hours. Usually when someone says when...and there have been times the person has contacted them by the time I post the reading with the 8W card present.

With the other cards the colors on the cards give an indication of timing for me. I look at the card and think of whether the scenery depicts summer or winter et cetera.

Hope this helps! :)

nisaba

I asked when, as in how soon, a specific event would take place and I pulled the Knight of wands. (I did this as a part of a spread which is why I post here.) Now, I know this is fast but for me Knight wands has usually meant that a person will turn unexpectedly and out of the blue. This event does have to do with a person, but I was just wondering what your views are on the Knight wands compared to 8 wands when it comes to how soon/quickly an event will happen.

Eight Wands: eight days. By the same method, Knight Wands, twelve days.

acquario

Thank you all for your replies,

Grizabella & porcupines
To devise my own method sounds like a good idea. I usually google it and see how others read timing on various cards and I am starting to see a pattern with my own readings. For me also 8 wands has often indicated communications through email or even a phone call, but for timing it is fast, very fast but so has the Knight wands been, except it has always meant a person showing up out of the blue. Cards representing seasons has never been reliable for me, but I guess I just haven't found my system yet.

nisaba
Interesting that methods can vary so much. Neither one of 8 wands or Knight wands have ever been longer than one week for me. One time I got the 8 wands and I had no idea what it meant but by the other cards I deducted that I was going to run into a friend and by some more cards how and then with 8 wands I just grabbed my keys and left and sure enough I did run into my friend whom I hadn't seen for a long time :)

I guess when it comes to timing 8 wands is usually faster than Knight wands but not by that much ;)