What is the 9 cups trying to tell me?

acquario

My own feeling about people is that they often choose to stay in "not comfortable" because it's more comfortable than making a change - it can feel VERY unpleasant, but making change happen is still definitely outside of their comfort zone. So many marriages continue for decades like that, miserable, but less uncomfortable than doing anything about it. :( That's what I meant about him being comfortable as things are.

Sure I agree, he has realized something does have to change due to the discomfort.

I don't actually know the abbreviation "r/s"?

Oh sorry, relationship

Do be very careful. Be clear as you make your own choices. If in future you find yourself in deep(er) with either or both of these people and it becomes more troublesome or painful, you'll have to remember that you did already know they had boundary issues...

If he needs someone to rescue him (someone apart from himself), it doesn't have to be you. :heart:

Thank you and you are very right in this. It's like we are in the process of figuring this out, the both of us. I followed rwcarter's advice and posted in readings about our situation.

MandMaud

Thank you and you are very right in this. It's like we are in the process of figuring this out, the both of us. I followed rwcarter's advice and posted in readings about our situation.

I might just have a look at those readings. :)

Tanga

"9 of cups in relationship"

9 of cups is happiness in the moment. 9 of cups is also the 'smug bastard' card.
:)

Are you both addicted to the drama??
You - having the power of him always coming back to you.
And him in some way repeatedly crucifying you with his drama?
Can you really carry on indefinitely like this? - with the 3rd party 'stalking'
(for crying out loud :) ).

That's all I can contribute presently.
Whatever happens - it seems to me, it needs to be a clear break/change from the status quo.

acquario

9 of cups is happiness in the moment. 9 of cups is also the 'smug bastard' card.
:)

Are you both addicted to the drama??
You - having the power of him always coming back to you.
And him in some way repeatedly crucifying you with his drama?
Can you really carry on indefinitely like this? - with the 3rd party 'stalking'
(for crying out loud :) ).

That's all I can contribute presently.
Whatever happens - it seems to me, it needs to be a clear break/change from the status quo.

Hi Tanga,

I think we are both a little addicted to each other but not really the drama. The drama is what drove us apart. And I feel anything but powerful.

I definitely want some shift from this status quo. I actually tried to accomplish that these past few days and just get on with my own things and suddenly all these projects (that we had going on together) started falling into place as though the universe had stepped in as I wanted to move out.

:confused:

headincloud

hi acquario perhaps the alternative meanings would be more fitting if you can't place the card. What about signalling the end of a major phase of a project and the need to take a well deserved rest or holiday and indulge yourself before proceeding.

TheMadHatter

Hi,

I am currently in a strange drama with an ex. He is in an abusive r/s that he says he both wants out of but also doesn't know how to end. At the same time he is wanting to stay in touch with me. It's true she is very abusive towards him, and doesn't like me. Anyway, it takes up a large part of my life these days which is why I mention it.

Lately 9 cups always turns up in my readings regardless of what I am seeking clarity on that I am leaning towards that it has something to do with my ex and myself. For me 9 cups has always been an indication that I will get what I want whether what I am wanting is big or small. This makes it difficult for me to see it another way but it keeps appearing in various combos with other cards, the other day for instance as clarifying the Tower. Then I had some really bad painful news and have yet to see the blessing of it. Often it appears as the first card of 4-card spread.

Any ideas as to what this recurring 9 cups is wanting to tell me?

Manifest your potential, you can now create your own reality with the gift of your creative imagination. You have successfully faced all the terrors on your path home and your wish can now come true.

So... What is your wish?

I have a motto in life. "My will, will be" meaning if you really want it, you'll make it happen.
There's a catch though. You have to know what you want.

acquario

hi acquario perhaps the alternative meanings would be more fitting if you can't place the card. What about signalling the end of a major phase of a project and the need to take a well deserved rest or holiday and indulge yourself before proceeding.

Strangely, though I booked a trip it fell through due to, not one, but two separate events. I wasn't to go it seems.

acquario

Manifest your potential, you can now create your own reality with the gift of your creative imagination. You have successfully faced all the terrors on your path home and your wish can now come true.

So... What is your wish?

I have a motto in life. "My will, will be" meaning if you really want it, you'll make it happen.
There's a catch though. You have to know what you want.

Thank you MadHatter, this is very interesting - and promising - and something I have been noticing over the past year or so, I mean that we can make happen what we want, if we really want it. And yes, I do know what I really want :) but the road there has been a crooked one. I hope I am now turning the last corner.