8 wands + 10 swords as action

acquario

Hello,

I laid 4 cards as what type of action somebody would take towards me and the two cards in the middle were 8 wands followed by 10 swords. This is an ex whom I haven't spoken to for a while because of some problems around them with other people that affects me, and I asked what they would do if I did nothing.

I find this combo difficult to understand because 8 wands indicates something positive, some fast movement forward such as some kind of communication, or romantic advancement or something like that. It is fast and it is positive or neutral.

But followed by 10 swords, which I have a hard time seeing anything positive about, and also seems completely stationary, at least for a while before it gets better. It is the death of something, the end or some really tough and painful situation to deal with.

And then how somebody will act towards me... some kind of communication that leads to my feeling like 10 swords...?

The other two cards were positive by the way.

dancing_moon

Personally, I don't see any card as inherently 'positive' or 'negative'. For me, they simply describe something, and it's up to the querent to decide if that's good or bad.

In the light of this, 8 of Wands+10 of Swords might mean a swift movement that'll lead to ending something. This movement doesn't have to be towards you, though. It might be, for example, that your ex will move house to a place very far from you, making further contact impossible. Without knowing the other two cards, it's hard to say more.

acquario

Personally, I don't see any card as inherently 'positive' or 'negative'. For me, they simply describe something, and it's up to the querent to decide if that's good or bad.

In the light of this, 8 of Wands+10 of Swords might mean a swift movement that'll lead to ending something. This movement doesn't have to be towards you, though. It might be, for example, that your ex will move house to a place very far from you, making further contact impossible. Without knowing the other two cards, it's hard to say more.

Hi dancing_moon,

Sorry I missed your response. For me some cards almost always have a negative meaning and 10 swords is one of them, possibly the only one that feels always 'bad' come to think of it.

I think your interpretation makes sense though, though to me Death is more of a definite end and 10 swords an ending that feels painful and rough. This was quite clearly a 10 swords shift.

What happened was that I in the end had to contact him and it took a few days for him to get back to me. This felt actually quite distressing because I was waiting for some information from him and without it I just felt unable to move forward. I have since heard from him and things are looking up.

dancing_moon

Thanks for your feedback, acquario, a delay in getting back, or a promising start and then a delay all look like interesting nuances of the cards. And it's good to know things are looking up. :)