Ever fall in love with a deck you've had for a while?

Denever

I have a small number of decks I read with regularly and a larger number of decks I bought primarily for the artwork. Kat Black's Golden Tarot was in the second category, and then suddenly, it just clicked with me and moved into the first category. I can't really say what changed. I could try to analyze it -- gorgeous art, feels good in my hands despite its size, reads well -- but those things have been true for months. And yet all of a sudden my relationship with it is better and deeper.

What deck(s) have you had this experience with?

Owl Song

Yes!

I've had the Sun and Moon Tarot for quite some time but never read with it much. Recently, I came back to Tarot after a 7 month break and I'm finding this deck is really speaking to me. I am falling in love with the deck's minimalist artwork, spacious landscapes, vibrant colors, and subtle whimsy. It has such a clear voice and I love its lack of pretension.

Such a lovely "discovery." This deck has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years. I'm so glad we're getting acquainted.

:)

PS - The Golden Tarot is truly special.

Citrin

Yes, many times! :D Here are a couple I did not click with instantly but them BAM! Fell for so hard lol.

Mary-El
Margarete Petersen
Nicoletta Ceccoli (this is now in my top 10 or even top 5 favorite decks!)
Fountain Tarot

Sometimes when I buy a deck I'm not subconsciously ready for it, so it had to sit for a while so the timing is right eventually. :)

Barleywine

Absolutely! The Gilded Tarot, which I find warmer and less slick than Ciro's later decks. I use it regularly for my professional readings now. It just "glows."

AJ

in the opposite direction, when I inventory my decks each January I'm always surprised at what falls off my favorites list

I bought the Thoth years ago, and lots of books and there it set, glaring at me, so in the course of an annual clean out off everything went.
Then about 4 years ago I guess I was ready for it. I love the Thoth and all the little thoths too

Barleywine

in the opposite direction, when I inventory my decks each January I'm always surprised at what falls off my favorites list

I bought the Thoth years ago, and lots of books and there it set, glaring at me, so in the course of an annual clean out off everything went.
Then about 4 years ago I guess I was ready for it. I love the Thoth and all the little thoths too

Most of my inventory never made it on, so they have no place to fall. It's interesting that I used the Thoth exclusively for decades, but that was before I returned to professional reading last year. I'm a little uncomfortable using it for off-the-street clients because it has a definite "edge" to it that I don't have time in my brief reading sessions to explain away, especially given some of the harsher titles. So I use something more "neutral," and I haven't brought any of my Thoth decks out much lately.

zhadee

Very recently =) The Tarot of the Enchanted Forest has been sitting on my shelf for a while, and I was about to give it away when I thought about making them borderless. Now the images seem to pop out, they burst with gentle colours and kind messages.

Another deck are the classic Kipper cards. They have been with me for years, but I never used them so I gave them away. I fell in love with them after a kind member here (Padma) gave me a very useful hint how to read them. I've also made them borderless. They are still not pretty, and they will never be but they please me with there precise messages.

MissChiff

The Nigel Jackson tarot...

Le Fanu

A recent rediscovery from my collection. The Dreaming Way. I LIKE that deck (apart from the Moon card)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightpers

As for a long time deck that i love and it grew on me like is Victorian Romantic Tarot. It feels like i am having relationship with someone that is way too high and out of my league but time and experience connecting us each other so well hahaha