Angel Star

Thanks Azuldance what a creative name you got there! I just ordered the book last night and it hasn't shipped yet. Everyone talks about it so much here that I decided to go ahead and check it out. I really don't care for the Haindl deck though. I have seen the pics and it just doesn't do much for me. Perhaps if I try it maybe it will grow on me who knows? For right now I have too many decks and am not buying anymore until I see one I really like thanks for the welcome take care ;)

AzulDancer

oh, i'm so excited for you!

after you've read the preface, please let me know what your initial reaction is. it's a great capsule about her experience & a wonderful lead-in to the book.

re: the haindl...

i admit there are images in the deck i don't resonate with; and there are aspects to his art that i don't like. (and i didn't have to pay full price for it!) but i'm a sucker for in-depth symbolism, and i thought i owed it to myself to check it out - precisely because there were images that turned me off.
i'm not advocating for you to get it; i just wanted to throw in some more info about rachel's work. :) and, i thought it would be interesting to occasionally compare & contrast her work on the two VERY different decks.

i'm looking forward to knowing what your impressions are.

blessed be...

Angel Star

I have to admit Azul I have almost bought the Haindl deck but past it up for decks that appealed to me more. Like I said it is a popular deck so I may just purchase it just to check it out and work with it a bit. There are some pics I really cared for in the deck and some that I didn't but that is so true of alot of decks and then they just grow on you or they don't. I like the fact that this deck has the Runes on them. I have worked alot with the Runes and I love them. This may be a deck to consider later on. Thanks for info. :)