Lenormand De Lora

pickled pixie

I stumbled on this deck on Game Crafter and fell in love with it! I saw it was reasonably priced and put it in my basket, then went to pay, the postage was added and holy potato it was crazy money!!! .....does anyone else have this deck if so what do you think of the quality etc.? I wonder why the postage was so steep?! :(

AJ

where are you located?

pickled pixie

The UK :)

garmonbozia

I just received this deck in the mail last night.

GameCrafter shipping is expensive, yes. I usually only place one order there per year or so. I wait until there are several decks I want to buy to spread shipping costs across several decks.

I like GameCrafter cardstock. I know there are some of this forum that do not. I much prefer it to the cardstock from PrinterStudio (which seems nice when you first get a deck from there, but as I recently discovered, all the cards warp after some time).

This deck itself has really great images. I like that there are no titles or insets of any kind. The symbols are all easily identifiable.

I only have one issue with the deck, and it does really annoy me.
I hate the moon card.

The moon card is the EXACT same image as the cardbacks for the entire deck. I didn't realize this until I went through the deck, putting all the cards in order to make sure they were all there. When I first came across this card, I thought it was just a double sided extra card of the card back.

Nope, it's the moon card. So imagine any one of your other Lenormand decks: Take the moon card, and now imagine that card is used as the card back for the rest of the deck. I have no doubt that this will screw me up at some point when shuffling or drawing cards.

Other than that, I really like the deck. I just wish the moon card was different, or that the card backs were some plain design.

pickled pixie

Thanks for the reply garmonbozia! I wonder why they decided to do that with the moon card?? That's really odd :/ I wish they had a picture of the deck laid out in a GT as I can't really tell if I could use a deck properly without all the cards laid out! There are some images in this deck I love (The man and woman cards are gorgeous! !) and some not so much but I would definitely have bought it if it wasn't for the ludicrous postage costs.

LenormandLady

I created Lenormand De Lora

Hi, I am Lora, the one who created the Lenormand De Lora deck. I recently found this thread and thought I would reply. I would like you to know that I took the advice of "garmonbozia" above and changed the back of the cards to a plain, vintage style back, instead of the moon. I love the image of the moon so much that I thought it would look pretty on the back. The moon on the front of the card is a little different shade than the card backs, so I didn't think it would be difficult to tell a difference. I do appreciate your critique and have solved the problem.

"Pickled Pixie", I have a video of all the cards in the deck in this video on YouTube if you would like to see each image: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8HXt-hRysw

I apologize for the high international shipping rates from The Game Crafter, I have no control over that.

Thanks again for your input on my deck. I appreciate it. :)