Anino Lenormand

MoonGypsy

Thanks for pointing that out! I will have to post the child cards tomorrow (I hope I remember!) for comparison - two cards - a boy and a girl and they're each holding balloons. :D

Holding balloons sounds great! Can't wait to see them!

blue_fusion

VERY good point, VW! i agree! Being so charmed by the art, i had missed that...
That could get confusing...especially in a Grand Tableau. They look far too similar.

Ly dear, can you possibly make the man and woman look more mature in some way?
Or the children look much younger? Something to make a greater contrast, so in a large
spread once can immediately tell which is which.

Or maybe infants? There's still time to doodle them. I'll first post the child cards tomorrow, get feedback and if necessarry, redoodle them. But thanks for the criticism. The whole time I was making this, GT readability was on my mind.

blue_fusion

Those are so cool! I love your so-called "doodles" (which are more like fully fledged miniature artworks!), Blue Fusion!

(I went to your blog, and I am just curious - when will your Deco Lennies be out? I love them!)

Oh! I did not think people were interested in that Deco Lenormand! Maybe I can work on those when I get a capacitive pen than works on my laptop's screen. The originals were drawn via mouse and got too tedious to continue. I am glad to hear another person likes that deck. I love Art Deco. :)

MoonGypsy

Or maybe infants? There's still time to doodle them. I'll first post the child cards tomorrow, get feedback and if necessarry, redoodle them. But thanks for the criticism. The whole time I was making this, GT readability was on my mind.

The balloons might work, though, Ly! If not, infants are a very good idea. [my favorite, actually] but, lets first see the children with their balloons...;)

blue_fusion

So I couldn't wait. Since the laptop's already shut down, I instead took a pic of the actual doodles for the child cards via my phone (sorry for the crappy shot!). What do you folks think? Are they distinct enough for the man and woman?

-Ly

Attachments

• 20161026_235710.jpg
    20161026_235710.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 20161027_000404.jpg
    20161027_000404.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 135

Padma

Oh! I did not think people were interested in that Deco Lenormand! Maybe I can work on those when I get a capacitive pen than works on my laptop's screen. The originals were drawn via mouse and got too tedious to continue. I am glad to hear another person likes that deck. I love Art Deco. :)

I lovelovelove art deco! I am sure it would be popular here, as many have bought tarot decks reflective of the Art Nouveau movement which preceded Deco! (I don't think either of those art movements will ever go out of style).

Plus, I don't think there are any actual Deco decks out there, beyond the Zigoneur Gypsy decks. :) there is defs a niche for it!

I hope you get your computer pen soon :D

Getting back to your other deck, which is the main topic here, I think adding a balloon to your Child cards would be helpful to differentiate them. :)

blue_fusion

I lovelovelove art deco! I am sure it would be popular here, as many have bought tarot decks reflective of the Art Nouveau movement which preceded Deco! (I don't think either of those art movements will ever go out of style).

Plus, I don't think there are any actual Deco decks out there, beyond the Zigoneur Gypsy decks. :) there is defs a niche for it!

I hope you get your computer pen soon :D

Getting back to your other deck, which is the main topic here, I think adding a balloon to your Child cards would be helpful to differentiate them. :)

I've uploaded photos of the doodles themselves in my post prior to yours. The second one also shows the fox and the bear. :D

Edited to add: for some reason, uploading from my phone changes the orientation of the photos :-/ I hope they still give an idea on how the child cards look, though...

Padma

The balloons do help!

Your artwork reminds me of Hungarian art from the Industrial Revolution period, somehow :)

(love the Bear and Fox!)

The orientation of the pic is often affected by the phone's camera orientation. i.e. you may be taking a straight on pic, but the phone camera itself may be using a sideways orientation.

I've also found if my pics are too large, they load sideways here.

blue_fusion

The balloons do help!

Your artwork reminds me of Hungarian art from the Industrial Revolution period, somehow :)

(love the Bear and Fox!)

The orientation of the pic is often affected by the phone's camera orientation. i.e. you may be taking a straight on pic, but the phone camera itself may be using a sideways orientation.

I've also found if my pics are too large, they load sideways here.

I will have to look into Hungarian Industrial Revolution art. I love different art styles! I am drawn to art's... taxonomy. Hence the different styles of my works. Looking at the doodles again, aside from the Asian feel,, I in turn got an Eastern European folk art and Wiener Werkstätte vibe (both of which I love and which probably wormed their way into my subconscious).

Thanks for the tip on using my phone's camera and on uploading from a phone. It's the first time that's happened to me. Then again, I rarely upload photos from my phone because the camera isn't too great.

Padma

It's their folk art and intricate borders I was thinking of :)

Anyways, you have quite the talent! :heart: