The Lenormand Deck -after & between- reading

onesun

Just curious on how others treat their decks. As of late Lenormand has really captured my interest. I bought a Laura Tuan deck on a whim with basically no previous background study. Inside the LWB it's all very magical and ritualized but the main thing that struck me was how it really stressed restoring the deck in sequential order after the reading then store it that way until the next. Does anyone actually do this? and how about in between several readings at once, go thru the whole restacking manuever with each read?? With tarot when my readings are done I just give the deck a quick shuffle then put it away for the next. Thanks- OS

reall

never hear about that before!:) sounds ridiculous to me!?x,x
it may be linked to that gypsy oracle rule that your last card should always be luck/Merriment/Constance when you are storing your deck (I stick to that rule with my Lenny with clover!^^ lolz :) and eventually you can check out if there are some reversed cards if you don't use reversals (another rule in Lenormand I stick to!^^ lolz ;))

Barleywine

I keep my large-size Laura Tuan Lenormand Oracle deck in order because I use it to lay out the house pattern on which I place the GT cards for the reading (at least until I make a GT spread cloth). The Gilded Reverie deck I read with I never put back in order, I treat it the same way I do my tarot decks.

Village Witch

Until recently, I put my decks in order before laying a GT. It got to be a pain in the butt, and after reading on another thread (I think I asked that question too.) that others here don't do so, I quit. I've only laid one GT so far without putting the cards in order before hand. It felt odd, but I am sure I will get used to it. Remains to be seen.

I don't put the cards in order between daily and reads other than the GT.

I still put the cards in order before storing my decks. It somehow feels right and makes me feel like I am starting with a fresh deck.

My advice is to do what feels right to you.

onesun

Well it's funny because as much a pain in the a** as it is (not that bad really, depends my mood) it still feels right. Odd. I guess one reason it's 'acceptable' because it's only half the size of a normal Tarot deck. Restoring 78 cards would be over the top.

I've only ventured with 9 card spreads so far but I guess I could try mixed deck at onset and if it feels like it's resonating 'unrestored' then why broke it if it ain't fixed.

** Barleywine: So you don't mind the extra space between the cards your reading utilizing the larger for a house mat? For me I would think too much 'air'. I like the cards nice n cozy. It's a graphical thing I guess..

The 'Gypsy Rule' sounds like a nice touch, lucky lucky. I think I'd use the Heart. For lots of reasons, one being I've had many heart attacks.. Then I'd sandwich the lucky Clover behind it. :)

Another funny thing, I've always read RX's with the cpl decks I started with. But after acquiring the Thoth, traditionally only read right-side up, I acquired a few other Tarot decks, and one of those just beckoned me from the beginning to avoid rx's with it, so I don't. It was a bit strange, almost as if it didn't want to behave, if that makes sense. That one is Shadowscapes. Lovely deck. And no, I don't restore it after reading. lol

Barleywine

Well it's funny because as much a pain in the a** as it is (not that bad really, depends my mood) it still feels right. Odd. I guess one reason it's 'acceptable' because it's only half the size of a normal Tarot deck. Restoring 78 cards would be over the top.

I've only ventured with 9 card spreads so far but I guess I could try mixed deck at onset and if it feels like it's resonating 'unrestored' then why broke it if it ain't fixed.

** Barleywine: So you don't mind the extra space between the cards your reading utilizing the larger for a house mat? For me I would think too much 'air'. I like the cards nice n cozy. It's a graphical thing I guess..

The 'Gypsy Rule' sounds like a nice touch, lucky lucky. I think I'd use the Heart. For lots of reasons, one being I've had many heart attacks.. Then I'd sandwich the lucky Clover behind it. :)

Another funny thing, I've always read RX's with the cpl decks I started with. But after acquiring the Thoth, traditionally only read right-side up, I acquired a few other Tarot decks, and one of those just beckoned me from the beginning to avoid rx's with it, so I don't. It was a bit strange, almost as if it didn't want to behave, if that makes sense. That one is Shadowscapes. Lovely deck. And no, I don't restore it after reading. lol

Doesn't bother me at all. Regarding reversals, I don't use them with Lenormand because that was impressed upon me when I first started, just the opposite of the way I first learned tarot.

onesun

Doesn't bother me at all. Regarding reversals, I don't use them with Lenormand because that was impressed upon me when I first started, just the opposite of the way I first learned tarot.

Oh yeh, no, I agree, no rx's w/ Lenormand. I'm very new with it but can already tell I prefer to work with it trad. I read a ton of stuff last week or so and found that rx's are total modern mechanism the old school never ever used. They say, the thing is, why? One of the great traits is it's simplicity and all the info is there in upright for one but it's the marriage of the cards, the harmonizing that gives the message. I actually can't see trying to marry an upright with a rx myself.. Just muddles things. Although not simple at all, pretty much ditto w/ Thoth, was made to be read formally.. although here and there folks still try to read 'em rx'd. To each they own.

HOLMES

hmm

as there is only 36 cards. here is what I do..
I pick up the cards and put them back all over the deck from the side..
and I divde the card while shuffling into 3 packs of 12.. and reshuffle them before I use them.

of course as we are all unique , perhaps some have that disorder where they have to put everything in order , like having to adjust the table, that it works for them to put them back in order.

reall

oh! now when you mention it for GT it make sense to *restart your deck and start from 0 so I get why some people do it but imo what's the point you'll shuffle anyway!?x,x :))

btw I also don't use rx in L but it still happen sometimes!:))

onesun

as there is only 36 cards. here is what I do..
I pick up the cards and put them back all over the deck from the side..
and I divde the card while shuffling into 3 packs of 12.. and reshuffle them before I use them.

of course as we are all unique , perhaps some have that disorder where they have to put everything in order , like having to adjust the table, that it works for them to put them back in order.

Yeh, kinda funny a 'disorder' that's obsessive about 'order'..

Not sure what you mean, 'put cards back all over deck from side'?

I think 'restarting' from 1 to 36 (perhaps only with GT) is there is 'clean n clear' energy involved.. I dunno.. that's why I ask. And I just wonder if Lenormand 'works' as w/ Tarot, the cards seem to fall where they 'supposed to'.