Which Two Tarot's Would You Hybridise?

The Hanged Man

Hi all,

I'm not sure the word 'hybridise' is a word in any English dictionary, but, oh well, you know what I mean.

When I was at school, we had an art project, in which we had to study and imitate the styles of two different artists, and then create a work of art which was a hybrid of those two styles. The results were very interesting, and it was so much fun to do.

This got me thinking. If there were two Tarot's that you could make a hybrid of, a blending of the two styles, then which two Tarot's do you think would make a really interesting hybrid. What elements of each deck would you like to see incorporated and why?

I'm actually still thinking about it, but what two decks do you think would make the most interesting hybrid?

Ilithiya

I'd put my vote in for a hybrid of the International Icon and the Journey to the Orient. It'd be interesting to see a Near/Far Eastern themed deck like Journey simplified to the extent of the Swiss Iconography style of the Int Icon, yet keep its cultural flavors.

I'm getting chills just thinking about it. :)

euripides

What an interesting idea!

I think maybe one of the Marchetti decks crossed with a painterly deck like the Spiral or even Haindl. I love the images and beauty of the Marchetti cards but the are just a fraction too slick. I'd just like to soften them a bit, make them less computer-perfect. I think the thing with computer art is that so often, because they use fills, gradations and spray brushes, there are no pencil marks or paintbrush textures, which I enjoy. I like seeing the artist's hand at work.

I'd like to see a darkly gothic tarot - like the Black Tarot or Corneal Edema tarot but designed for women's tastes.