Having a go

Earthacat

I had a go at doing some cards some time ago but didn't get past 3. I have put one up to ask for feedback. 'Death' should be written in the space in the bottom. I associate this card and the rune Is or Isa which relates to ice and spirritual winter, which preceeds thawing and new life as Death preceeds rebirth.

Many thanks for looking,

Earthacat
[removed advertising]

Attachments

• death.jpg
    death.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 134

euripides

interesting! Has a slightly humorous feel, I don't mean really funny, more just that slight hint of whimsy, but otherwise very stark. I'd like to see the other cards...death is always my least favorite!

FantasyWorld

Interesting.....I like it!

lionsdentamer

Regarding your death card

Immediately I liked the card upon seeing it. I guess the always analytical side of me said that a skeleton holding a skullk, unless it's its own head is a little redundant. I hope I don't sound ridiculous or overcritical. It's just a thought that's all. As well, personally I don't find death as "scary" as some. The fear of change in whatever form I think is something apart of us all, but change is good too. It's difficult, but not terrifying I think. Well here I am rambling.

Eraserqueen

I can't really give you a tarot meaning critique, as I'm new to this, but I can give some feedback on the look of the card!

I really want to see some kind of background on this! Even if its just a really faint mountain range, it feels as though Death is kind of floating there with very little around him. Also, maybe a hightlight to the scythe?

I think the skeleton looks GREAT. I love the detail you've given the bones, and it looks anatomically correct, I also like the fact that the bones are black, I see a lot of light colored skeletons, but black ones I think are more interesting. I think the trees look good! I like the muted neutral colors you have, and I like the fact that this card feels dark, a lot of Tarot decks try to ighten up death, but I like thngs to be a little spoky sometimes. Chage can be scary, if we accept that fact and not pretend it's always easy, we can better embrace change and feel more prepared for it when it comes.

I'd love to see more!

Earthacat

Thanks Euripedes, Lionsdentamer, Eraserqueen, FantasyWorld

Thanks for looking and giving me some feedback, its been interesting to hear your ideas about it. Euripedes, there was indeed some humour in there (no pun intended), the skeleton seems to me a symbol that leans itself to it. It was the first card I tried as the subject area is one I have focused on in my personal life and work. I am thinking of adding in some mountains Eraserqueen, thank you for the suggestion. I'm thinking about that skull problem Lionsdentamer, perhaps the skeleton should hold a life symbol!

Many thanks

Earthacat

Earthacat

Another card

I have had some great suggestions about the card I posted so I'm posting up another one in the hope of feedback for this one too.

Thans for looking,

Earthacat.

Attachments

• lovers2.jpg
    lovers2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 100

Sidhe-Ra

That's really, really lovely! I like it a LOT :) Beautiful image and very appropiate symbolism-excellent! x

firecatpickles

Earthacat, that jpeg actually makes my mouth water! Well done... Lots of movement.

northsea

I really like the colors on your cards. The Lovers card has a nice, earthy feel.