The Be Like Nancy Drew Spread

Glass Owl

The Be Like Nancy Drew Spread (13) by Glass Owl

Here is a spread that I created which I hope captures a bit of the excitement, adventure, intrigue, and the fun of reading a mystery book. (My favorite type of book!)

This spread could be used to work through a real life mystery or even used as a creative writing tool. I designed this spread to look like a book and it has 13 cards--the perfect number for a "spooky" spread!

05-06-07
04-----08
03-13-09
02-----10
01-12-11

1. The Detective
You, The Super Sleuth

2. The Mystery
The puzzle that needs solving

3. The Investigation Starts
Who you should be interviewing, the questions you should be asking, where you should go next

4. The Hunt For Clues
Who/what your flashlight casts a light on

5. The Overlooked Clue
Who/what turns out to be more important than you first thought, what you should be using your magnifying glass on

6. Obstacles/Stumbling blocks
People or problems that impede your investigation

7. The Red Herring/Diversion
Who/what sends you off onto the wrong path

8. Danger/Surprise/Unexpected Twist
Who/what is hiding around the corner

9. The AHA! Moment
You stumble upon the truth, the pieces fall together

10. The Villian
Who/what ties you up in knots or stops you in your tracks

11. The Rescue
Who/what is of great help and assistance in getting you out of a tight spot

12. Catching the Culprit/The Reveal
The dramatic race towards the conclusion

13. The Wrap Up
The loose ends are wrapped up, the outcome

celticnoodle

oh glass owl, I love the looks of this spread, and kind think of many instances it'll be good to use for a read! I still have another new one thought up here this past week for mothers day that I haven't had time to try out, but will do my best to try both of these out this week.

I always loved the Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boy mysteries as a kid, and still love today to read/watch mysteries. Agatha Christie and such are among my top favorites today. Can't wait to try your spread out and let you know how it works for me!

Nevermore

That is a wicked spread. I will try it out soon!

Glass Owl

Thanks mods for moving this spread. I'm sorry for posting it in the wrong area. I don't know where my head was! :)

Tryska

I wish I had this last week.

I love it tho. i can't wait to try it out.

punchinella

Glass Owl, this spread is so fascinating! I would love to see it in action, if any of you thinking of trying it out want to post in your readings . . . :)

hopena

I keep meaning to try this with my Deviant Moon (or maybe the Fantastic Menagerie). :)

punchinella

Let us know if you post a reading with it!

At this point the spread looks scary to me . . . so many cards! Yeepers!

MystiKatt

punchinella said:
Let us know if you post a reading with it!

At this point the spread looks scary to me . . . so many cards! Yeepers!

I feel your fright and I would LOVE to see this spread in action as well!!

~Katt

BeyondtheVeil

Looks like a very good spread for detailed information! I am definitely going to add this one to my Tarot Spreads file. :)

BeyondtheVeil