Titanias Fortune Cards

tarotlova

Just wondering what readers who use these cards do when a death comes up in their readings, as you know it is quiet explicate and easy to see when these two cards turn up in a reading. Unfortunatley this happens all the time to me, and I don't really know why Titania put this in the deck, by the way I have seen the original deck these cards are based on, a vast improvement, as they are full of doom and gloom a real bad energy. I don't mind telling it like it is in a reading but I usually say you will hear of a death as I have found these cards to never be wrong, what do other readers think about this subject? Blessings to you all

lunakasha

Hi tarotlova.....

I am a big fan of Titania's Fortune Cards, and they have given me some excellent readings....

I recently did readings for a group of friends....and the coffin or "death" card came up TWICE, for two different querents. I took the opportunity to explain to them that this card, like Death in tarot, does not usually indicate an actual DEATH of a person. Instead, it refers to the death of a situation, maybe the end of a relationship or job.....even a person's mindset. But there is a positive side to it....the ending of one situation allows the querent to begin again, start fresh.....it is not the ominous or negative card that it appears to be.

For example: one of my friends was asking about her relationship with her husband: should she continue trying to work through problems or call it quits??? When the coffin card came up, it seemed pretty clear to me that she was leaning toward ending the marriage (and she confirmed this afterward). Again, she looked upset to see the coffin (asking: "Is he going to die???") so I explained to her that it signifies the end of something....maybe the marriage or her desire to keep working at it, the "death" of her feelings for this man.

Hope this is helpful....and glad to meet another Titania fan!!!

:) Luna

purple_scorp

Hi Luna,

Hey, Tarotlova may have been referring to the coffin + the scythe cards together.

In that case, and, particularly if they are with a person (man, woman, child), I would call this a physical death. Though, a lot depends on their position in the spread, and other cards. Say if they were near the sun and/or the tree, then this could be a near death experience, and a recovery.

I have to say that I worry when I see the coffin/scythe together in the same line of the spread. The last time I drew it, I wondered who it could be and a couple of days later, my mum rang to tell me that a distant cousin (who I didn't even know) had passed away. When I asked what day, it was the same night that I'd done that reading.

If it is just the coffin card on its own, then I have the same interpretation as Luna.

Cheers

purple_scorp

lunakasha

purple_scorp said:
Hi Luna,

Hey, Tarotlova may have been referring to the coffin + the scythe cards together.

In that case, and, particularly if they are with a person (man, woman, child), I would call this a physical death. Though, a lot depends on their position in the spread, and other cards. Say if they were near the sun and/or the tree, then this could be a near death experience, and a recovery.

I never even thought of that....I was only thinking about the coffin card by itself....OOOPS!!! :eek:

Yes....if I saw the coffin and scythe cards together, I would probably assume the worst....and be the bearer of bad news. :(

Guess I have been lucky so far!!! ;)

Thanks for the clarification, p_s.....

purple_scorp

Hey Luna,

well I've had the coffin, the scythe and the ring together. I took that to mean divorce, death of a marriage - my own!!!!

purple_scorp

lunakasha

purple_scorp said:
Hey Luna,

well I've had the coffin, the scythe and the ring together. I took that to mean divorce, death of a marriage - my own!!!!

purple_scorp

WOW....that must have been strange....to get something like that in your own reading....but it sounds like you nailed it!!! ;)

One of the readings I did....as I mentioned above....her question was very specific: should I leave this man (abusive) or give it another shot??? I had no doubt about the coffin's message in that situation....and she sounded relieved, like she already knew this was what needed to happen. (Have not seen her in awhile, so I am not sure if she left him or not....)

tarotlova

Death in Cards

Yes Purple-Scorp thats exactly what I meant Luna you are very lucky not to have them two turn up together again as I have I even predicted a death 12 months into the future although it usaully happens that night or a couple of days ahead why do you think Titania put these two cards in the deck? I think we all like to give positive readings and I often wonder if I should just omit these two from my deck or am I destined to be this type of reader it doesn't happen all the time but a fair bit. Blessings

purple_scorp

Hi Tarotlova.

Well, Titania didn't put them into her deck. Her deck is an adaptation of Le Normand's deck and Le Normand has them in her deck, so if you want to blame anyone....lol.

But, death is a part of life. Of course we have to have it show in a reading. Otherwise we would only be looking at half of the picture.

The thing is with any reading, it is often a snapshot of that time. There is no guarantee that just because you saw a death that it will eventuate.

And remember, like anything, life or death can be the difference of a split second.

I guess if you are seeing it come up often, you will need to use your discretion as to how you convey this information to the people you are reading for.

What kind of spreads are these cards showing in? 7 card, 9 card or full spread? Or is it a different spread all together?

purple_scorp

lunakasha

Yes....I have been lucky I guess...;)

Although the coffin comes up frequently for me, I have never once pulled the scythe card....with or without the coffin!!! :eek:

Funny how that works....there are only two or three cards that have never come up for me....and the scythe is one of them.

EDITED TO ADD: The Bird and the Fish are the other two no-shows....;)

tarotlova

Hi Purple_Scorp

When the coffin/scythe cards turn up it is usally in the first 9, or 7 and then repeats itself constantly in the full spread if it is going to happen quiet soon. Unfortunately Purple_Scorp when these two cards turn up a physical death has always occured, I have never had it not happen. I have found these cards to be the most precise deck I have ever had the pleasure to work with and this cropping up will not put me off them and I always say to a client you may hear of a death so not to scare them as I know it is a fact of life. Buy the way I have seen the origanal cards Titania based these ones on and have got yet another set based on these again called Gypsy Fortunes by Lady Lorelei but no way as good as Titanias, Have you ever seen Le Normands deck? I have and didn't like it a very negative deck I think Titania did a great job on these cards. Blessings Tarotlova