The De-Enabling Thread

Little Baron

I shouldn't be encouraging, but if you are into the Crows Magic, I think that Martyn_uk has one up for a trade in this country. He is a very reliable trader.

LB

gregory

LittleBuddha said:
I shouldn't be encouraging, but if you are into the Crows Magic, I think that Martyn_uk has one up for a trade in this country. He is a very reliable trader.

LB
I second that - he's excellent.:D

mingbop

negotiating as we speak !

AngelC

I thought my wanted list was getting shorter.
Sad thing is I've opened up my eyes to the Osho Zen lately and I suspect it's going to be hard to get de-enabled from that one.
Anyone?

Alta

I am usually quite willing to de-enable, but the Osho Zen deck is excellent imo. A few of the cards seem to have almost been done by different artists, but that seems a minor quibble. The accompanying book is interesting but a little abstruse.

sapienza

AngelC said:
Sad thing is I've opened up my eyes to the Osho Zen lately and I suspect it's going to be hard to get de-enabled from that one.
Anyone?

I don't have the Osho Zen but I also felt like I desperately wanted it. I couldn't afford it at the time so checked out the web-site that has the whole deck on it. The site will do 'readings' etc and so I thought I'd visit regularly for awhile before deciding if I'd make the purchase. Funnily enough, I still think it's a really interesting deck, and it's definitely on my wish list but I don't feel any urgency to get it now.

AngelC

I've been to the site, tried the readings, it didn't improve the situation :D
Even if the last reading wasn't very encouraging.

It feels like a "slow down and see what's important" kinda deck to me. Perfect for a daily card. Oh well, the only thing on the list now I NEED is the kitties, I guess there's room for one more. *sighs*

rosesred

Although the Osho Zen is my main reading deck, and I love it to bits, it does have it's faults. One of the most obvious ones might be that the spiritual outlook of the creator (not Osho himself) are sometimes decidedly fishy. This does not show as much in the book accompanying the deck, but it's evident in some of the interviews with this guy.

Furthermore this deck renamed all the majors and the suits of the minors, which is a pet peeve for many people. It also has a Portrait of the Bagwan himself as card 79, the Master. That really put me off, and that card is now safely hidden in the depths of my cupboard. I do not like idolizing people.

Although this does not relate to this deck specifically, I sometimes found it very beneficial to temporarily de-enable myself from the decks that I wanted so bad I could taste it. It helped to reduce the WantWantWant feeling, and if I did end up buying the deck, it would be with a warm fuzzy glow, not in a greedy passion that I would end up regretting.

If you have the money, the Osho Zen is definitely a good buy. If you can't afford it, hope this de-enabled you :D

Sulis

AngelC said:
Anyone?

Hi AngelC,

I had the Osho and traded it away almost straight away..

It just wasn't 'earthy' enough for me...

I really couldn't get on with the Coins or Pentacles suit being represented by rainbows..This suit is meant to represent the element of Earth, what's earthy about a rainbow? Surely a rainbow is made up of light (air or fire) and rain (water).
Crystals I could have coped with but not rainbows.

I don't like decks with keywords on the cards either - too limiting for a reading deck IMO :)

cosmic_bubble

I'm itching to get my hands on the Tarot of the Magical Forest :D

I almost got put off by the price - it's up for £44.99 on ebay *ouch* But...but, but, but! I did a bit more digging and it's on the US version of the site for about £25 in all (inc p&p).

I really want it.

But I don't need it.. Do I? I fear I can only hold out for a few more days unless someone really puts me off it.

It's the eyes of the animals....they draw you in!