The De-Enabling Thread

baba-prague

QueenofPentacles said:
2. Box I found just a little too snug, risking damaging box and/or cards when taking them out or putting them in. Requires keeping LWB elsewhere and risking losing it. Or maybe that's just me 'cause I'm a klutz.

Is that any help? Best I can do ... :(

AArgh - I'll tell Alex (our box designer). He may have done it like that so that the box doesn't get damaged in transit - but I'll tell him for next time. Thanks!

And, on the subject of the question - it can be frustrating with The Fantastic Menagerie to work out what all the animals are. Sophie and Alex and I had several "Is that a rat or a mouse?" type conversations. This can drive you slightly mad.

Does that help? :D

HearthCricket

QueenofPentacles said:
Box I found just a little too snug, risking damaging box and/or cards when taking them out or putting them in. Requires keeping LWB elsewhere and risking losing it. Or maybe that's just me 'cause I'm a klutz. (

I am glad you mentioned this because I noticed the same thing with my Victorian Romantic. I couldn't wait to open it up and see it, but I couldn't get the box open and almost ripped the cover off, even when gently trying to pry the thing open. Usually I store decks in their boxes and then in the bag, but I won't for this one, unless I do what you mentioned and take the LWB out and keep it separate so the cards have more breathing room. So, no, your not a klutz!

weaver

Sidhe-Ra said:
Okay, can anyone come up with a good reason not to buy the Victorian Romantic tarot? (other than the fact it would be a bit naughty on my part...)

Em x
Actually, I can not think of a reason to NOT buy the Victorian Romantic Tarot even of it means parting with a deck (or decks) to fund the purchase. It is a beauty. There are only a handful of Tarot decks in my collection that I would not dream of parting with. This is most assuredly one of them.

weaver

Jewel

QueenofPentacles said:
Ummm ... as someone who had it and traded it and is now waiting for it again because she regrets having got rid of it, I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll try ...

1. Cards just a wee bit too big for comfortable shuffling.
2. Box I found just a little too snug, risking damaging box and/or cards when taking them out or putting them in. Requires keeping LWB elsewhere and risking losing it. Or maybe that's just me 'cause I'm a klutz.

Is that any help? Best I can do ... :(

No *LOL*. I have no problem shuffling their decks, if (when) I order it I would get the deck/book set and I have extra bags. The part about having traded it and wanting it back was not to helpful either ~giggles~

Thanks for trying!

Jewel

baba-prague said:
And, on the subject of the question - it can be frustrating with The Fantastic Menagerie to work out what all the animals are. Sophie and Alex and I had several "Is that a rat or a mouse?" type conversations. This can drive you slightly mad.

Does that help? :D
*ROFLMAO* I CANNOT believe that YOU of all people would even want to de-enable me. That just totally cracks me up. Next thing you are going to tell me is that I should not get it because you don't have a matching bag for it (by the way that would not work either).

As for the animal confusion, I am sure the book tells me what animal you guys decided it was, and that will work *LOL*. If (when) I do get the deck if I have animal identification questions I'll make sure and start a thread on it *LOL*

Thanks for trying though, that was really sweet of you.

Jewel

Sidhe-Ra said:
Okay, can anyone come up with a good reason not to buy the Victorian Romantic tarot? (other than the fact it would be a bit naughty on my part...)

Em x
Nope, no reason what so ever. I had to have the Gold edition, book, and matching bag, so I am of absolutly no help .... then again, I fear I would be of no help with any Magic Realist deck.

Voron

Wow!

The Victorian Romantic Tarot *IS* nice. This thread isn't working very well.

I secretly think all us, I mean, you addicts, I mean, collectors come here secretly to find new irresistable decks to lust after...

That gold edition looks yummy. How does it compare with the regular version?

Sidhe-Ra

Right, then I am SO buying the gold edition...

baba-prague

Jewel said:
*Next thing you are going to tell me is that I should not get it because you don't have a matching bag for it (by the way that would not work either)..

That too! :)

Though now you've said this, I suppose we ought to make a bag or two?

I think the reason I am lurking around this thread is that I need de-enabling about making decks (perhaps I should start a thread on Creation?). We are having some time off and won't publish a tarot again until this time next year. Guess what I spent this morning doing? I need help!