The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

strings of life

iceclone said:
I wanna do the Bohemian Gothic too but I'm missing the book still, so I'll postpone that. :)
I don't have the book yet either, and have given up hope = [. I do have the VR book though. I am going to go with intuition here and just read the cards for the BG...

(On a side note, I am using the Deviant Moon for the 78 Weeks of Study).

elysgrl

Hi everyone--

I've been a member here for years but have rarely posted. I've gradually drifted away from the forum, and over the last year or so, I kind of drifted away from Tarot as well. I didn't do very many readings, bought decks and books I barely touched, etc. Two of my resolutions for 2010 are to be an active poster here, and to recommit myself and rediscover my passion for Tarot. What better way to do it than with a PDR?

I need to go through all my decks and decide which one I want to plunge into for the year. My most recent deck (that I've yet to do even a single reading with) is Tarot of a Moon Garden but I don't think I'm feeling that one. Maybe I'll go back to my beloved VR, or my Radiant RWS.....

I'll post again when I decide. This is gonna be fun!

Denise

Myrrha

I was doing a PDR before and drifted away from it. I didn't really like the blogging part of it. Many of my readings are personal and not for posting, and typing up the readings takes so much time.

I'm thinking of trying it again and finding some way other than blogging to feel connected with others who are doing a PDR. Just posting here in the thread might be good.

I would use the Legacy of the Divine Tarot and my main goal would be to read once per week with that deck.

My other goals would be to read for other people more regularly and to experiment with using elemental dignities with the Legacy deck.

The Legacy incorporates astrological and elemental symbolism in a way that makes you really feel the elements so elemental dignites might work well. On the other hand, elemental dignities is sort of a rule-based thing and while it works very well with the Thoth deck I'm not sure it is needed with such a visual and emotional deck as the Legacy. It might even interfere with simply listening to the cards and feeling what they are saying. Still, I want to see how it goes.

pippi

elysgrl said:
I've been a member here for years but have rarely posted. I've gradually drifted away from the forum, and over the last year or so, I kind of drifted away from Tarot as well. I didn't do very many readings, bought decks and books I barely touched, etc.

Two of my resolutions for 2010 are to be an active poster here, and to recommit myself and rediscover my passion for Tarot. What better way to do it than with a PDR?

Denise

Welcome, Denise! Those are two great resolutions. Happy to have you join us! :)

inanna_tarot

can oracles join in? Or is there a PDR for oracles in the oracle section?

firecatpickles

Yes! Decks of any kind are welcome :D

Gazel

I'm back

Hello
I'll try again. I'll be happy to join you.
I'll use the Alchemical Renewed, and post one reading and/or reflections per week on my blog. That is every sunday evening, starting next sunday January the 3'th.
Gazel

BlueDragonfly

I'd like to join in on the PDR for 2010, please. I'll be using my Tarot of Dreams for this, as this deck has held me captivated since it's arrival!

I'm struggling through a 78 week(or more) study with my Legacy of the Divine, but not posting it online. I withdrew when I thought I was going to sacrifice my internet connection for lack of money-which has now changed :), and have alot of researching to do for that project, but....

I'll have to set up a blog and post it in my profile and then...what?...come to this thread and post when I've made my entries?

~BD~

iceclone

aurarcana said:
I don't have the book yet either, and have given up hope = [. I do have the VR book though. I am going to go with intuition here and just read the cards for the BG...

(On a side note, I am using the Deviant Moon for the 78 Weeks of Study).

Same here... it's going to be a hard find. It's nice you're doing a 78 weeks of study of DM... Do you post it in your blog?

Hey guys, how do we motivate each other in keeping up with our PDR?

firecatpickles

We should have a debriefing Thread like the IDS folks do.