Eligibilty To Be A Tarot Reader

NamasteIndia

Hello,

I always wonder what is the eligibility to be a tarot card reader.

I have come across many people who are unethical, egoistic, shrewd and they practice tarot.

There is a feeling that any person who guides others and is responsible for giving divine guidance should themself be a ethical and right person.

Some criteria which I feel are
1) Person should be spiritual not necessarily religious but firm believer in God, Universal consciousness

2) Should be kind, compassionate, good listener and knowledgeable.

3) He/she should not be greedy for the money part the desire to help, heal, guide should be the priority.

4) He/she should not having any vices or addiction.

Dancing Bear

In any profession you will get the con artists and those who are just in it for the moeny.. in any line of work..

I think if your heart is in the right place and you want to help and have the confidence in yourself to help and you know you can read.... regardless whether you know the cards inside and out.. all all things associated with tarot..
I think thats all that matters..
I have been to a tarot reader that had no idea about Tarot LOL! but she really did a brillliant reading and helped immensley.

NamasteIndia

yes tarot is a tool from the divine to guide, counsel and help.
definitely anyone with good intentions can excel with it

Ange

I once went to a 'reader' on a seafront....and she told me exactly the same as she told my friend who followed me in there......and the thing that made me most mad was'nt the 20 quid we had both wasted, but that she was obviouusly a con....and knowing what I know I saw through it....and was able to tell my friend not to put any store in what she had said,.....but many will be hurt by it I'm sure...
Ang x

NamasteIndia

yes even i have come across many con's

le fey

Criteria 1 would rule out some of the best readers I know - 'firm' and 'belief' do not always go hand in hand. Some people struggle with it... and the struggle makes them stronger.

And criteria 4 rules out...well all the rest. No vices? Not on this plane of existance. And given what people want Tarot guidance for, a reader with no vices is like going to a priest for birth control info. (oh..wait...)

NamasteIndia

Also i feel the reader should have spiritual knowledge so as to guide and counsel the person to make them take responsibility for their action.

A bit knowledge about karma what we sow comes back to us multifold....this guidance will empower a querent.

olivia1

NamasteIndia said:
Hello,

I always wonder what is the eligibility to be a tarot card reader.

I have come across many people who are unethical, egoistic, shrewd and they practice tarot.

1. Have a deck
2. Invest in the time to learn to read Tarot
3. Invest in the time to keep learning Tarot
4. Be in tune with your intuition (or work on becoming more in tune with it)

I think that pretty much sums it up. It would be great if you didnt go around ripping people off and if you were ethical, but even if you are unethical, that probably won't mean that you will not be able to read the cards.

Aerin

In relation to tarot reading specifically, I would want a reader to:

Only offer to do what you believe you are able to do. Represent your qualifications accurately.

Only do what you believe it is ethical for you to do.

Take responsibility for the possible consequences of your actions as far as you are able.

Know your limitations and that of your readings as far as you can: act within those and if appropriate seek to develop beyond them.

Be open to learning from whatever opportunities come your way - including the possibility that you may be wrong.

Don't impose your belief system on other people as 'the one right way'.