House of Tarot shipping

souljourney

They should use the flat rate priority boxes. The large box is BIG and only cost like $13.00. Can put up to 70 pounds in them if shipped in the US.

AJ

akirafist said:
I ordered five decks, and my shipping was only $16. After coupon, was about $9:

Sub-Total: $60.95
United States Postal Service (Priority Mail): $16.80
Discount Coupons:aeclectic: $7.78

I haven't ordered from them for awhile, but I want to be sure you didn't miss the above

type in aeclectic for a 10% discount. That wouldn't be on shipping, just decks, but it adds up fast.

tarot heart

They don't answer emails

Hey, I thought I would let you guys know about some problems I had with HOT recently. I bought a couple of decks on sale too. One of the decks, Oracle Belline, which was $25.00 was described as having gilt-edged cards which was why I bought this deck. When it arrived, not one single card was gilt edged! I tried contacting them several time by email and it's been almost two weeks with no reply. I am thinking of contact my credit card company to complain. I would never buy from them again for two reasons, their shipping costs out weigh the sale price and no communication! They must be going out of business or something because a year ago they had a telephone number listed on their website and it's not there anymore.

lunakasha

tarot heart said:
Hey, I thought I would let you guys know about some problems I had with HOT recently. I bought a couple of decks on sale too. One of the decks, Oracle Belline, which was $25.00 was described as having gilt-edged cards which was why I bought this deck. When it arrived, not one single card was gilt edged! I tried contacting them several time by email and it's been almost two weeks with no reply. I am thinking of contact my credit card company to complain. I would never buy from them again for two reasons, their shipping costs out weigh the sale price and no communication! They must be going out of business or something because a year ago they had a telephone number listed on their website and it's not there anymore.

I am sorry to hear this, tarot heart. I have ordered from HOT several times in the past, with no problems.

If the Oracle Belline was one of their closeout sale items, I'm pretty sure it is labeled as "non-returnable, all sales final". So you may not be able to get your money back, but hopefully you will at least get a response from someone soon. I don't know if they are going out of business or not, but there have been a lot of decks on sale recently.

:) Luna

nicky

I emailed them earlier today about media mail and am waiting...my shipping shows $23.85 and I am not buying any decks...just books. Decks are not allowed per media mail as far as I know but books are, so I should qualify....

Grigori

I bought a book from the Amazon market place the other day, it was selling for $0.01. I thought to myself, "how come they are selling books for only 1 cent?". Now I know why, they wanted $17 shipping.

It should be called 'fraud' I reckon, though I bought my book anyway. They don't know, but I would have paid $17 for the book and been very impressed if they only charged me 1c shipping ;)

Jaqueline

tarot heart said:
I bought a couple of decks on sale too. One of the decks, Oracle Belline, which was $25.00 was described as having gilt-edged cards which was why I bought this deck. When it arrived, not one single card was gilt edged! I tried contacting them several time by email and it's been almost two weeks with no reply.

You can gilt your own edges - I got some gold stencil paint that is thick like paste & rubbed it on the edges & let it dry for a day or 2. Better than looking at white cardboard. I know - you already paid for gilt edges, but if you don't get a response. . .

Abrac

It does sorta look like they might be going out of business. They haven't added any new inventory in forever and now all the closeout stuff. It's too bad, they used to be an excellent source in the US. :(

Alan Ross

I just ordered the Tarot de Nostradamus from them. Priority shipping came to $9.95 US, which seems a little high, but not too horrible. The deck itself cost less than half what Tarobear's Lair, the only other US source I know of for this deck, is asking. I'm happy with the total cost. It's a lot less than I expected to pay for this deck.

PS Thanks AJ for calling attention to the aeclectic discount. It saved me a couple of dollars on this order.

Alan