House of Tarot shipping

gregory

They have a presence here. Try that ?

Umbrae

tarot heart said:
,,,that HoT states the Oracle Belline is made by Grimaud but the booklet says France Cartes. Does anyone know if this is the same company?
France Cartes bought Grimaud a few years back. They are the same company.

Sheri

akirafist said:
I ordered five decks, and my shipping was only $16. After coupon, was about $9:

Sub-Total: $60.95
United States Postal Service (Priority Mail): $16.80
Discount Coupons:aeclectic: $7.78
Total: $69.98

I ordered 5 or 6 decks and my postage was over $27 USD for an order totally less than $50. I use the Flat Rate boxes all the time and have trouble believing they don't use them too. That would make the shipping almost HALF of what I am quoted if they use the largest flat rate box including insurance and delivery confirmation. I still have the stuff in my shopping cart, but don't know if I am going to go through with the transaction at this point. It does seem like they are pulling the "I'll sell cheaper and make it up in shipping" maneuver.

I also want to add that I've gotten decks from them before and never had a problem with customer service. They have always been very accommodating.

:love: Sheri

lunakasha

I just noticed that House of Tarot has posted a response to the questions about shipping (in the Advertisements section):

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2145444#post2145444

House of Tarot said:
It us a little while to understand where the shipping comments were coming from. We used to offer free Media Mail shipping, but we discontinued it some time ago when the US Postal Service instituted a massive rate increase. There was a link to an outdated shipping page that we've removed. We apologize for the confusion.

Shipping is calculated automatically based on weight and distance. Yes, for some folks, particularly in the Southwest, shipping can be expensive. One of the changes we're making is to move to banded shipping rates to take advantage of the flat rate boxes. (The future will look more like this: www.dalnegrodirect.com). In the meantime, we cannot manually override the system (or we would need to change the pricing to account for extra labor). But TCO still should be really low - in some cases the aeclectic coupon plus the closeout pricing may put us below cost. We'd rather offer you the decks at these prices than sell them to someone who ultimately will mark them up. We want to take advantage of some special relationships we've developed over the years to more widely distribute other decks. Thank you.

:) Luna

Debra

LOL great minds think alike...I was just about to copy it here.

And so I do.

House of Tarot said:
It us a little while to understand where the shipping comments were coming from. We used to offer free Media Mail shipping, but we discontinued it some time ago when the US Postal Service instituted a massive rate increase. There was a link to an outdated shipping page that we've removed. We apologize for the confusion.

Shipping is calculated automatically based on weight and distance. Yes, for some folks, particularly in the Southwest, shipping can be expensive. One of the changes we're making is to move to banded shipping rates to take advantage of the flat rate boxes. (The future will look more like this: www.dalnegrodirect.com). In the meantime, we cannot manually override the system (or we would need to change the pricing to account for extra labor). But TCO still should be really low - in some cases the aeclectic coupon plus the closeout pricing may put us below cost. We'd rather offer you the decks at these prices than sell them to someone who ultimately will mark them up. We want to take advantage of some special relationships we've developed over the years to more widely distribute other decks. Thank you.

lunakasha

Debra said:
LOL great minds think alike...I was just about to copy it here.

And so I do.

LOL! Yes, indeed! :laugh:

:p Luna

Abrac

It doesn't sound like they're planning to go out of business at least. I didn't know the US postal rates had gone up that much lately though. A small priority flat rate box that holds one deck is still where it's been for a while, $4.95 ($4.85 online).

gregory

Well - they don't ship here - but I have been horrified by postage charged to here from quite a few places in the last couple of months (including a personal friend - she didn't charge me, but the amount she had paid was clearly displayed !).

However - if you think THAT's bad - when I buy from Canada - it is usually cheaper to have stuff shipped to me (by airmail !) in the UK than within the country to my home there.... :confused:

Umbrae - what does that Dan find with postage now ? Is it that much worse for him too ? (I didn't look at the last package I got from his place, as it would have scared me.....)