Psychic attack by client during reading?

Garrettlonewolfe

I am wondering if you could look to make the circumstances a bit more favourable, as you seem willing to undertake the second reading.

Could you not explain to the client that the black energy surrounding him is blocking/hurting your reading, and that he must tone it down or you will be unable to read for him?

It sounds as if he trusts you, and if that is the case then your concerns will hold some weight. If he then states that he cannot take it down for fear of being attacked then you can tell him your reading may not be as relevant.

I believe there is always room to negotiate.

magpie9

If I plan to continue to do this for a living, there is no reason I should be picking and choosing my clients, no matter how uncomfortable they make me feel.
Quite the opposite, Mrs Panda. If you are going to do this for a living, there is every reason why you should refuse clients who drain your energy purposely, and are determined to be badasses. That stuff can rub off, no matter how skilled or careful you are. Any client who makes it necessary for you to do all that cleansing after a reading is not a good thing for you, or your other clients. Part of being a Pro is taking care of yourself before you take care of your clients, or else you will soon have nothing to take care of them with.Putting one needy client before yourself your other clients, your practice is not being a Pro. It's absolutely being a very kind goodhearted amateur. There is nothing about being a Pro that is easy, and this can be one of the very hard parts, when you really just want to help people. It's not professional when it casts you this much. Use some of that love people are talking about on yourself.

And if you do give him the 2nd reading, what then? More readings, that's what. How often do you want to read for this person? Not twice? How about a couple-three times a week?
I know what I'm talking about, I've read for the public for many years, and you do get clients that are essentially a giant leech, or worse. They get addicted to you because you are kind enough to read for them despite everything they bring to it. It's really hard to get rid of them once they've really decided that you are the only reader for them. Right now, you are actually just the next reader on the list. Read for him again, and you can become "his" reader. Better to get rid of him in the beginning, in a nice way. I bet if you could talk to the other readers on your service, they would all have stories to tell about this guy, and none of the stories would be nice!

Please re-think this, and do the right thing for yourself and your practice.

starrystarrynight

I agree with those who have said that this is an energy vampire who is purposefully trying to and succeeding at psyching you out for whatever reason. It sounds like he is playing with you in a negative way to get his own kicks.

I would draw the curtain and hang the "Gone Fishing" sign for this guy, if I were you.

poppiesrossi

Hmmmm yes.. and once he is in your psyche.. he may be very difficult to rid of.. although I believe light will always win over darkness... maybe this isn't a journey you should voluntarily take.. it does sounds like he's ****ing with you. And that he sees you as a challenge to win over you.. who knows why he has targeted you. I understand your wanting to not be selective who you read for, but you must also ask what is at stake here. You may win the battle.. but he may win the war. He sounds like a lost cause.. and not someone who really wants your help.. especially if he's mentioning the dark energy he's surrounding himself with.. I would be very cautious and if you feel you must do a reading for him.. meditate.. ask for your strongest spirit guides.. protect yourself with oil (maybe put oil on you to protect yourself.. even baby oil will work) Afterward.. spend some time in the water.. sea salt is best.. do some cord cutting.

Bhavana

Wow, it had never occurred to me how creepy reading, especially over the phone, could be. I have no idea what to tell you, sorry. If someone did that to me, I'd probably run the other way, call out sick the next day, anything to avoid them.

celticnoodle

I second this. There is no reason that you HAVE to read for anyone! No explanations needed! The TRUTH wouldn't hurt, either "Sorry, Sir - your energy made me sick; I cannot read for you under these circumstances." Period. Zip. End of story.
I agree! I have to put up my boundaries for people just like this. they are psychic vampires and just are too draining. It is not worth it. no amount of money in the world would be worth putting yourself through this. Tell him the truth--tell him you just are not up to it, that reading for him before completely drained you, and that you are sorry, but as long as he is surrounding himself with this dark energy for 'protection', you will not be able to read for him.

With all due respect to other opinions (and I really do mean that), if a client has the capacity to make you feel that ill physically and mentally and has openly declared his intentions in this way, I'm sorry, but you are unlikely to be able to help a person like this and the lessons to take from this situation would be to brush up on cleansing/grounding practices and learning to say no when it is to your detriment so that you can keep yourself healthy and continue to help other people who don't have the same....inclinations.
I agree here too. He's not looking for help by the sounds of it. He's testing his ability to affect others with his ability to keep the dark energies around him. he is a liability. don't read for him. period. save your energies for people who are really open to being helped and receiving answers from you instead.

divinerofcards

I still believe in him, that he needs help and is reacting out of fear.

Eco74

I just came across this and am frankly a little worried...

I really hope the second reading turned out okay and that all is over now.
I also firmly believe that any proffessional in any business has the right to deny service - for whatever reason they see fit.
The whole "you're the only one" thing also bothers me. A lot.

I'd say accept doing the reading IF he lets down the dark energy.
He purpousfully placed it there, which means he can also take it down.

Whether it's out of fear or protection, or placed there as an intended obstacle, is really irrelevant.

If the client trusts the reader - shouldn't it be possible to let the protective shield down?
If the client trusts Only that particular reader - shouldn't it be possible to purpousfully open up a path through the picture rather than setting up a shield on it to obscure?
I would atleast question it... Maybe even say that I can't do another reading unless he takes the shield down since it would prevent me from helping others as it took so much energy the first time around.
Placing his needs in the forefront to the point where it prevents doing any more work for the day just isn't fair of him to ask. Especially after admitting that he placed the protective aura on purpouse to make it more difficult.

Now he knows you can get past it.
He really shouldn't be needing to keep it up for you to proove yourself again - which is really what he's asking you to do. Saying you're the only one who can help, and then forcing you through the most difficult obstacle he can throw at you to 'proove him right'.
Like Cpt. Hook would say; "Bad form".

magpie9

Not to worry, Eco, MsPanda posted on another thread that she did the 2nd reading for him and it went really well.

gregory

Not to worry, Eco, MsPanda posted on another thread that she did the 2nd reading for him and it went really well.

I can't see where - it would be nice if she'd posted an update :(