Halloween!

WolfyJames

In my coven they do a costume party and a ritual for Samhain / Halloween. I went last year, I was one of the readers, but people were too tired after eating so we went home instead. I'll try again this year.

My spreadcloth has an Halloween design, with witches, black cats, haunted houses, and costumed kiddies. When I made it it was in autumn, and I simply could not resist the Halloween designs. So I'll bring again my Tarot of Vampyres and my Haunted Lenormand. I might bring as well Les Vampires which I just received.

PAMUYA

My youngest daughter was born on halloween at 5:36 PM. Halloween is a very special day in our home, we make witch hand sandwiches(out of chicken), witches brew (cider), the house is all decked out, we have special candy to hand out to the neighborhood children. When she was younger her parties were carnivals, with booths, and yes gold fish were given away as prizes, we have had clowns, face painting, booth games, the list goes on and on. The children at the party walked away with bags of prizes, candy, and very tired. The last few years have been a bit more quiet, just a few teen aged girls over for a sleep over(my daughter is a senior this year). Nothing yet planned for this year, after reading your post I am thinking of doing something special. Thank you for taking me down memory lane :)

Morwenna

I just recently got the greatest fabric for a spread cloth (which I haven't made yet): mottled gray with white spider webs and black branches, bats, cats, spiders, ghost outlines, owls, and jack-o-lanterns with orange & purple features. I LOVE it!! What to read: so far, my Halloween Tarot, Halloween Lenormand, and Halloween Oracle. Otherwise, there will probably be the Vargo Gothic, and purely as autumn the Sacred Rose. And who knows, at the rate I'm going I might have another seasonal deck of some kind by the holiday.

Some day I might have a tree, but right now I don't have enough hangables to make the effort worthwhile; all my decorations are stand-up, and I have plenty: witches, cats, candle holders, pumpkins, ghosts, and my owl collection which isn't particularly seasonal but fits right in anyway. If I had a tree, though, it'd be a bare branch. The only hangables I have are signs and a broom: much too large for an ornament tree! (Oh, and that giant furry spider...)

I love autumn too. :heart:

moon_light

I love Halloween! It's my favorite holiday. I'm still waiting to hear if I'm going to be out of town or not, though, so I haven't come up with anything concrete yet. What I'd love to do, though, is have trick-or-treaters draw cards. The older ones, at least. But I live in an ultra-conservative area right now and it would not go over well at all. I'd be afraid of an angry parent coming back to confront me. If nothing else, I'll do a special Halloween reading for myself. :)

Disa

4 weeks later, I FINALLY just this minute went through all my decks and pulled out the ones I want to use and/or work with for Autumn. Getting ready for the Autumn equinox and finally getting in the mood for the entire season.

I have these:

Chronata's All Hallows
Seven Stars Deck of the Dead, Samhain Deck of the Bastard and the Samhain Lenormand
Bohemian Gothic
Vargo's Gothic
Dark Grimoire(Is that the same as Necronomicon?)
Dark Angels
Deviant Moon
Halloween
New Orleans Voodoo
Tarot of the Dead
Tarot of the Spirit World
Good Witch/Bad Witch(oracle)
Wicked Sybil Lenormand
Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling cards
Konxori Cards

I think that's it??? A few on the list I haven't pulled out in years. It's nice to look at them all again and see which ones I will use and which need further study.

Tis the Season :)

GotH

Look it's me and my girl friends hanging out together. ;)

(Display at the store that made me :))

Phoenix11

Look it's me and my girl friends hanging out together. ;)

(Display at the store that made me :))

LOL! Why do they always make witches ugly???

I actually bought a bag of Halloween candy today... of course, it won't last until then, but I couldn't resist ;)

GotH

LOL! Why do they always make witches ugly???
That's because people are afraid of what they don't understand. Once they understand her, she becomes beautiful. Or at least not ugly. :)

I actually bought a bag of Halloween candy today... of course, it won't last until then, but I couldn't resist ;)
I hear ya! I was eyeballing the popcorn balls but I KNEW they'd be long gone before October. :joke:

closetLibrarian

I love Fall! I have my Bohemian Gothic all ready for Sept 23. And, I get the urge to crochet...all that homey stuff.