Name Your Feel-Good Reading Decks.

Elven

Do you have a deck which you have found that makes you feel better through reading with it (when you read for yourself)?

Here are some questions I was thinking ...
What do you think makes you choose that deck?
Is it the type of question your asking?
Is it the images, or the 'voice of the deck' which you find attracts you to choosing it?
Is the choosing a deck part of the expectation of the reading outcome - how you want to told, or how you interpret the reading? How you want to feel?

Can the choice of deck influence the type of reading you interpret?(with an intent to make you feel better?)

I ask this as Im curious: If your deck was a Personal Therapeutic Consultant - who would you go and see.

(please dont take this out of context - you can answer with some really witty and outragous decks too - its meant to be light :p)

:p

This list is not exclusive to the use of the decks, but my preferences at times ..

I notice that I enjoy reading with my Visconti Sforza for very personal readings - I have kept this deck just for 'me' readings :), and its the images that I relate to - I have a long and good conversation with this deck when the reading is on the table, I sit for longer and 'admire it', and as I do, I am listening to it as well. Very enthralling. I feel engaged with the deck and comforted in some way, like talking to a mother.

I choose my Thoth for my personal readings when I am being 'Capricorn serious' :p and investigative with issues more so that 'problem solving or worries' ... money and finances usually, I feel like I have a good strong 'handle' on the situation after talking with them.

I think I have probably picked up my RWS over the last 20+ years (yep, the same ol deck) to read about my relationships. I think its becasue I have less emotional attachment when reading those cards than I do with other decks .. It speaks to me, but I can see options and probabilities through the cards ... I think alot about the readings after the deck has been put away ... very contemplative for me ... and it speaks pretty plainly but wisely.

I'll think of some more instances and post ...

Blessings
Elven x

Sophie

My most therapeutic deck to date is the Mythic Tarot. It gets down deep, I can have some gruelling sessions with it on just about any difficult subject, and some moments of sheer truth, when I know I've reached something in me that I hadn't realised was there...Normal, I suppose, given that it was created by psychotherapists! Greek myths and Tarot together are just the perfect therapeutic tool.

Next is the Thoth. It packs a punch as a therapeutic tarot deck, and it goes one beyond, because it also has such a strong magical and mystical character.

The RWS - has not often touched that deep in me, but ONE memorable reading did - I used Rachel Pollack's Opening of the Heart spread with the RWS, and journalled it over several weeks, every day peeling back a little more of the cards and my psyche...It led to some breakthroughs for me, so I will have to count the RWS among these, though I think it was more the combination of deck/spread/readiness in myself that did it. I'd also just read Forest of Souls, which sprang many doors open for me.

And finally the Marseille. In many ways, it's the best for therapy, because it doesn't have an agenda. I went through several months journalling a card-a-day Marseille draw with a Sabian Symbol. It was a wonderfully therapeutic experience, and I came out of it enriched, although originally, my only motivation had been to get to know these two better! The Marseille has helped me in many ways, but in my conversations with my psyche most of all.

Elven

Thanks Fudugazi :D

Fudugazi said:
My most therapeutic deck to date is the Mythic Tarot.
The Mythic is a lovely deck, I like it too. I used mine for teaching some way back and marked the deck :p (on the back) :rolleyes: .. its still useable, but I dont always think of it to 'use'. I liked the Myths and learning from those. Up until I had not much exposure to Greek mythology, so it was a journey on another level with the deck.
Maybe I might indulge in some ' shopping therapy' and get another :p
When it first came out, there was a book with it that I filled in with many thoughts. I must go and find it - it served a diary/journal.

Thanks for the reply!
Blessings Elven x

mac22

I'd say RWS probably because the deck that I started with. I'm also finding as Fudugazi suggested the Marseilles decks [for me the Noblet] can be very therapeutic.

Mac22

Teheuti

Feel-good-deck: other than the RWS I'd say the Sakki-Sakki. Love that deck! It cheers me up.

Yes, the deck influences the kinds of readings I do with it and my interpretations of the cards. The images of different decks affect me strongly.

For my Personal Therapeutic Consultant (other than the RWS) I tend to go to a couple of decks:

• William Blake Tarot of the Imagination (especially for creativity issues)
• Osho Zen
• Shining Tribe (especially using Rachel's book as an Oracle commentary)
• Thoth

Mary

UrbanFool

My Hanson-Roberts always cheers me up, as does the Mystic Faerie.

Aoife

I tend to opt for either Marseilles, RWS, or Thoth.

Marseilles, as fudu says, doesn't have an agenda, and helps me make conceptual connections. With RWS there's a comforting familiarity, but invariably with a hidden gem or sting in its tale. I find Thoth has the most visually provoking images.

Interestingly, none of these quite 'do it' for me for creativity issues. I suspect that's because I have a nagging wish to make my own deck, but lack the time and talent.

Aerin

At the moment I'm using:

Bohemian Gothic (it isn't especially dark for me). It's getting straight to the point: it's a very helpful guide.

Minute Tarot, always quite cheery

Animals Divine, feelgood

The BG is my consultant though. The others help out.

I'm going to have another go with the Fairytale too as I'm in need of stories with a lot of depth.

Aerin

vhrsn

feel-good deck

Hi everyone,
I'd have to say mine is the voyager tarot for now. I love that deck. It's my personal consultant, for it has a lot of images.
All the best,
Veronica
Oh and count me in!

Bernice

Love the images in other decks, but at this current time I find it is the marseille (Noblet) that actually speaks far more directly to me.

Bee