21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

dadsnook2000

For punchinella

Could you point us to a web-site that shows this card or could you scan and post an image? Dave

punchinella

dadsnook2000 said:
Could you point us to a web-site that shows this card or could you scan and post an image? Dave
Sure! Here it is.

Attachments

• HerbalWorldsm.jpg
    HerbalWorldsm.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 144

Grip Dellabonte

Step 2 - Waking the Wild Spirit - The Interpreter/Spirit Guide

I am a fellow past the days of my youth. Yet I am still firm and well muscled.
I am clean shaven and I have many adornments upon me. I wear a purple and red feathered, pointed cap with a slouchy brim. My vest of blue with yellow half moons is sleeveless. I am tattooed. I wear cords around one wrist and have a necklace of woodland gifts circling my neck.
It is nightfall and I am standing in a stone archway, my arms crossed over my chest.
There are three creatures beside me: an owl, and two fey.

(I found a picture of my card here on AT).
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/wild-spirit/

dadsnook2000

For punchinella

Now I can appreciate what you observed about the hoop in the middle of the card. It's an artifact, something quite out of character, not a natural part of its environment. It is like that famous movie, 2001, where the monolith appeared. It was something not in context with its environment, not natural. An enigma, perhaps.

The hoop has meaning, of course. Superficially, I see it as representing wholeness, completeness, a cycle that is always changing but also always part of itself. This is quite in keeping with the card's traditional meanings.

On another level, we have to ask ourselves, "Just what is this? Where did it come from? Who put it there?" These are good questions. They bring a type of "other presence" into the card that only makes sense when you relate the card image to being a Tarot card -- it has to make sense to humans. The hoop is "us" in a sense, those who mirror nature's cycles with their own part-of-nature and part-of-humanness cycle. We are here, then not here, we come and go, we learn and grow. Obviously the card may suggest to some that we also "re-cycle" just as the plants seem to.

Jane Robert's, author of the many "Seth" books, wrote for Seth in one of his books (perhaps Adventures in Consciousness) that the plants were just Earth's way of expressing itself as that type of plant. The plant really wasn't there, in the case of perennials, year after year. The bulbs or roots were a longer cycle mechanism that permitted new but similar plants to appear year after year. Many would say that we humans are like that, like the plants, except that are roots are not rooted but are mobile. Still we draw our substance from the earth.

So, the hoop definitely has its place in this card. A clever way for the artist to place people into the card. Nice choice of cards. Dave

punchinella

dadsnook2000 said:
The hoop has meaning, of course. Superficially, I see it as representing wholeness, completeness, a cycle that is always changing but also always part of itself. This is quite in keeping with the card's traditional meanings.

On another level, we have to ask ourselves, "Just what is this? Where did it come from? Who put it there?" These are good questions. They bring a type of "other presence" into the card that only makes sense when you relate the card image to being a Tarot card -- it has to make sense to humans. The hoop is "us" in a sense, those who mirror nature's cycles with their own part-of-nature and part-of-humanness cycle. We are here, then not here, we come and go, we learn and grow. Obviously the card may suggest to some that we also "re-cycle" just as the plants seem to.
All this, and I was prepared to view the hoop as, simply, the artist's concession to the traditional shape (vesica piscis--sp?) of the Le Monde image :laugh:
dadsnook2000 said:
So, the hoop definitely has its place in this card. A clever way for the artist to place people into the card.
Yes, I hadn't thought about it this way but you're absolutely right. Thank you!

squeakmo9

As_you_wish said:
It IS a beautiful card squeakmo9. I found a picture online at this address...maybe you can copy and paste as I don't know if it is bandwidth stealing if I post the link.

http://association.tarotstudies.org/images/16cWheel.jpg

This is from The Golden Tarot by Kat Black. It is a collage of early Renaissance art, I believe, and has completely taken me by surprise. I tend to like light colors, pastels, and jeweltones, and her deck has deep colors, and lots of dark hues, yet it has captivated me so far. I am enjoying learning about it in our little lessons here.

I hope you enjoy the picture, and thank you for asking.

Cairbre

Thank you Cairbre...excellent pic!
Yes, now I can see that the other two figures besides the Angel and Bird are a bull and lion. Still traditional of the RWS version with the fixed signs on the corners, very cool!
Unlike the RWS version, I get a very cozy feel to your card, especially with the burgundy bedspread of hers. Sort of confirms this ongoing thought I've had all day today...you really don't need much to be happy, do you? These folks have each other, their little family, what more can one ask for to make a true home:)

nicki

coyoteblack said:
Nice job boh of you keep up the good work. Is there prints of either of your cards that we can see?

I am being kind of lazy / selfish but It makes it more fun to see the card you are descibeing kind of gives a deepeer under usanding of it.

No problem will do that for you

nicki

nicki

Jewel said:
Nicky, I love how you went from being the hooded figure to becoming the whole card.

Thanks Jewel, I was trying to think of a way to make it more interesting, i will scan a picture of the card later if i can.

nicki

geministar

Step 2 - Druidcraft Tarot - The Moon

Im the little crab climbing out of the water onto a rock. I think I'll just sit here for a minute and observe my surroundings. My back legs are still in the water and the water is very cold. Its the middle of the night, the moon is out in full, lots of clouds around. The pathway is infront of me and there are two dogs sitting on either side of the path, looking up and howling at the moon. The dogs are large, almost wolf like, one white/grey in colour, the other brown in colour. The pathway keeps going back into the distance and is a bit windy. There are two very large rocks into the distance. Very tall and solid rocks, sitting almost directly underneath the moon, so that if the moon were to fall, it would rest and balance on those two rocks. Its weird because there are no other rocks like it.

aurorarose

Step 2- Rider Waite- Temperance

I am not standing by a river, I am floating, gently hovering, my right toes are in the water, which is cold and the water is moving quickly and my left toes are on the grass which is soft and tickles. I can feel the rays of the sun warming my back. I can feel the water flowing between my two cups as I raise and lower them letting the water go back and forth. I am concentrating very hard not to lose a drop. There is a slight breeze blowing the grasses and the petals of the daffidals are laughing. There are many rocks and stones on the path I do not envy the person who walks barefoot. My wings are strong and fast and I could reach the blue mountains in an instant.

Redo after getting the book and reading the full step. Trying to take out the assumptions
I am hovering over water that is moving by. My right toes are in the water and my left toes are on the grass. I have my back to the sun and am staring at the golden cups I have grasped in my hands with water flowing between. My left arm is higher than my right. The grasses and daffadils to my left are moving. There are rocks and stones near me. My wings are large and extended. I am wearing a long white flowing robe with a triangle simple over my breast and my sleeves are pushed up my forearms. There is a narrow path over rolling green hills and off toward jagged blue mountains. The sun is just over the mountains. The sky is grey.

It was interesting how many assumptions I made my first go. Including that even though it is a grey sky I thought the figure was warm, that the water was cold, that the grass was soft, that there was breeze, that the figure was concentrating, that the stones were sharp, that the wings were strong. I also assumed the figure was a female. But I didn't notice that the blue mountains were jagged or that the path is rather narrow. But I even now I still think it is an assumption that the cups are tightly grasped. I don't really know how to descripe the "light" coming from the figure's head. I stand by my hovering desciption because I don't think the weight is supported with her position over the water.