Thoth Tarot Wheel and Tree Study Poster

onlythebridge

I would like to share a resource that I created for myself when starting to study the cards:

It is a poster size diagram of the Thoth cards arrayed on the Tree of Life along with what few correspondences I could cram in. It's intended to be printed and hung somewhere you can stare at it and muse over it. Please feel free to use it as you see fit. Please do e-mail me (as per my profile) if you find it useful, or if you modify it! It would make me happy to know some good was coming out of it.

Likewise if you see anything you think ought to be changed, please let me know and maybe I will make a new version.

[Edit:]
Also, added by request: a more printable version on white, with the major arcana numbered:
https://onlythebridge.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/treewheel_white_big.jpg

Original on black:
https://onlythebridge.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/treewheel_big2.jpg

Grigori

That's great, thanks for sharing :)

RLG

Looks like the letters of the paths for Lust and Adjustment are switched. Otherwise, this is very cool, nice job :)

onlythebridge

Yes, I admit, I didn't quite know what to do about the letter assignments on two spots on the tree, and I wasn't consistent about it

One spot is Adjustment/Lust.
I know that the tree here departed from the Golden Dawn assignment, which makes a lot of sense for many reasons, but it did follow Crowley... and since it was Crowley's deck I decided to go with him.

On the other hand I didn't want to follow Crowley with assigning Tzaddi to the Emperor, and He to the Star, though I agree that it is a much better assignment, because it bothered me to take the letters out of sequence, and clearly the path of the Star belonged down with the Sun and Moon...

But somehow I missed the fact that the alphabet sequence got messed up with Tet and Lamed too. Thank you for pointing this out!

SO... I modified the poster to show Crowley's attributions as alternate Hebrew letter options. Hopefully by the time you read this the new one will be uploaded to the same URL as above.

Grigori

I'm wondering if its too cheeky to ask would you consider or be able to make another copy with a white background? I'm introducing a tarot group to the qabalah and its use when reading in a couple week's time, and would love to be able to give them a copy of your chart to reference. I've made a powerpoint set for them, but a chart would be really useful. Printing would be a lot easier on white I think, and I've not found any other version that is as useful as yours.

GRAFLIX1

God

It is very well to muse over ORION, but the action really happens further to his right (in line of his belt) the constellation of Pleiades.

In ancient times, Orion was considered GOD, and at specific times of the year, (twice) the sun will actually preside exactly upon ORION's raised arm. This is akin to the concept of "Jesus" ascending to sit beside his father (Orion)- etc.

Have you ever wondered why there are two LIONs perched at building entrances?

The cards go beyond the concept of mere paper images!

Grigori

Thankyou so much, that will be very useful and is very generous of you :) Thanks!

ravenest

GRAFLIX1 said:
It is very well to muse over ORION, but the action really happens further to his right (in line of his belt) the constellation of Pleiades.

In ancient times, Orion was considered GOD, and at specific times of the year, (twice) the sun will actually preside exactly upon ORION's raised arm. This is akin to the concept of "Jesus" ascending to sit beside his father (Orion)- etc.

Have you ever wondered why there are two LIONs perched at building entrances?

The cards go beyond the concept of mere paper images!

This post seems off thread topic (or am I missing something?) but I find it interesting - maybe G. will move it.
Anyway: Graflix 1, are you refering to a star map when you say to the right of Orions belt or are you observing the sky , is your 'to the right' to the east or west?
Orion Pleadies connection is v.intersting as many unconnected cultures see a v.similar story, a gropu of women that is abducted or something similar (Pleadies).

Lillie

When I look southish at the sky, at the right time of year of course, I see Orion, and to his right (as I am looking at it) I see Taurus and then the Pleiades.

So, looking like I would read a book, from left to right, I see them in that order. Orion, Taurus, Pleiades. (some times they are tilted, but always more or less left to right.

What I'd like to know is what do you see?
Down there in the Southern hemisphere?

I'm trying to visualise it and I get the feeling that you would look toward the north to see these, and they would be upside down, so you would see them running in the above order from right to left.

Am I right? Or am I not imagining them correctly?

Or can you not see them at all? Are they too far north?