Tarot-themed music

drwitz

Anyone have any suggestions about Tarot-themed music? As I am working on creating a deck, it would be fun to listen to music themed on each card (or at least on each of the Major Arcana).

I did find Music of the Tarot by David & Steven Gordon. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Elendil

You could try
Tarot Suite by Mike Batt (1990)

It was an album of ten tracks each with a tarot theme.

_R_

"Tarot Will Teach You / Burn Your Money" from the wonderful soundtrack/score of the 1973 film 'The Holy Mountain'. Composed by Don Cherry, Ronald Frangipane, & Alejandro Jodorowsky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycSiqVcfeGQ

rwcarter

There's also "Osho Zen Tarot: Music for Tarot Reading", out out by New Earth Records, ISBN 3-933712-30-0 (never knew CDs have ISBN numbers!). There are 13 tracks ranging from 2:44 to 8:44.

Music of the Tarot is divided into 2 parts. Part A is the Major Arcana as the Fool's journey and runs 34:00. Part B is the Minor Arcana as the Magickal Elements and also runs 34:00.

Rodney

drwitz

There's also "Osho Zen Tarot: Music for Tarot Reading", out out by New Earth Records, ISBN 3-933712-30-0 (never knew CDs have ISBN numbers!). There are 13 tracks ranging from 2:44 to 8:44.

Music of the Tarot is divided into 2 parts. Part A is the Major Arcana as the Fool's journey and runs 34:00. Part B is the Minor Arcana as the Magickal Elements and also runs 34:00.

Rodney

Wow. Surprised I never heard of it. Just found it on Amazon... I even have the Osho Zen Tarot itself. The titles don't give anything away (no Tarot themed names)...

drwitz

So I am a big Suzanna Vega fan, but I missed that she has a new CD out (in the last two weeks), and last night I caught the tail end of one of the songs on XM. Turns out the CD is called "Tales from the Realm of the Queen of Pentacles" and has two (apparently) Tarot named songs - "Fools Complaint" and "Portrait of the Knight of Wands".

I'm curious if anyone has heard the CD and what people think. It is on my Amazon wish list now...

misser_piggit

It might be worth checking out desert dwellers...not specifically. tarot but I'm almost certain they have element.themed cds so maybe worth it for the minor.arcana?

Wil_Mac

Au Revoir Simone has a song called "Knight of Wands"
Fairport Convention's album "Full House" has each of the band members on the cover drawn as a tarot card. They were tarot travelers.
F_ck Buttons has an album of pretty avant garde electronica called "Tarot Sport"
Alfonso Maya has an album called "Tarot"
The Grateful Dead's movie "So Far" has lots of tarot cards/imagery. Good movie.
John Renbourn's album "The Hermit" has the same on the cover. Renbourn played in The Pentangle before releasing that album.
Jimmy Page's "Hermit" scene in "The Song Remains the Same" is famous.
Robin Williamson of Incredible String Band fame has an album called "Ten of Songs" and many other magical songs. Check out "Invocation" on ISB's "U" album!

I do want to check out the new Suzanne Vega album. She was featured in the most recent issue of "Guitar" magazine.