RWS Tarot Cards blue box with Fool and World - what's the print quality like?

katey

Hello friends,

I have a question about the print quality of a particular edition of the RWS deck. It's a dark blue box that says "TAROT CARDS" and has an image of both the Fool and World cards.

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the picture quality is like on these cards? - crispness of lines, saturation of colour, card stock etc. Or is this just the yellow box cards in a different box?

Thanks so much :)

Abrac

It's the same as the US Games yellow box but distributed by Rider. It's a nice edition, I think it's from the 90s. Nicer box too imo. :)

katey

It's the same as the US Games yellow box but distributed by Rider. It's a nice edition, I think it's from the 90s. Nicer box too imo. :)

Thank you so much, Abrac. :)

katey

One more question about the deck if anyone would be so kind - are the cards plasticised or matte?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abrac

I don't still have mine so I will only say they're not plasticized, as I define plasticized anyway. They don't have a thick coat of plastic like some of the ones printed in Italy. I probably shouldn't say any more since it's been awhile. Hopefully someone else can tell you more.

Abrac

I found this old thread that might help. FYI, the "blue box" talked about in this thread is one similar to the one you asked about only the box is a lighter blue. The one you're inquiring about is called "purple box." You might check out Sulis' posts, you'll find some answers to your question. :)

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=80682

katey

I don't still have mine so I will only say they're not plasticized, as I define plasticized anyway. They don't have a thick coat of plastic like some of the ones printed in Italy. I probably shouldn't say any more since it's been awhile. Hopefully someone else can tell you more.

Thank you - I appreciate your input. If anyone does have any more info, I'd love to hear it :)