Spreads

Honeysun

Hi,

Can you use Lenny for spreads designed for Tarot? For example, would it be possible to use spreads from "Tarot Spreads" subforum, or is Lenny too vague to answer some of the questions?

Village Witch

Hi,

Can you use Lenny for spreads designed for Tarot? For example, would it be possible to use spreads from "Tarot Spreads" subforum, or is Lenny too vague to answer some of the questions?

I don't do it often, but I have used Lenormand with spreads designed for Tarot. It has worked well for me.

Depending on the spread, it you don't feel you are getting enough information, you could draw more than one card for each position. There are books that teach the use of Tarot and Lenormand together. I haven't read any of them, though.

Barleywine

I find that the "line" spreads work for both tarot and Lenormand, although the combinations are usually read a little differently: noun/adjective or abverb for Lenormand and more intuitively blended meanings (plus Elemental Dignities) for tarot. I also use a 9-card square for both. Beyond that, though, I don't do any mixing. I would say that, if anything, Lenormand is more concrete and specific than tarot. For example, the Dog in Lenormand means a faithful friend or companion, often a man, while the tarot 3 of Cups can also mean "friends," but a range of other possibilities as well depending on the context of the reading. If I see the Dog, I know where to go with it, if I see the 3 of Cups I have to get more intuitively creative.