How do YOU read the final four in a GT?

Tag_jorrit

In my experience, there is very little "slop" in how one approaches the GT. There just isn't much intuitive "wiggle room."
Yep. Which is Lenormand's major attraction.

onesun

the most important thing about the last 4 cards is to decide in advance *exactly* how you want to read them. And stick to it.

I really don't mean to be a wise-guy, really I don't. But again, if I decide *in advance* that the 'structure' I give these four cards is to be open and free, then this is also 'exact' in this respect, no? At which point the four become an addendum, a little 4 card line that speaks whatever message 'it wants' to add to the GT. We still read the 4 cards with whatever meaning they themselves singly represent and we still merge the cards to form a 'sentence', it's just now we allow the sentence to be what it is, a reflection of our own sub-conscious or however you want to describe it.. If we are truly open we will see the relationship to the other 32 cards. I like to think so anyway.

Just throwing this out there.. as I believe there seems to be more going on 'intuitively' than first meets the eye when working with Lenormand. Even though we give meaning to the cards 'up front' and then when we read the relationships of one card to another and so on what is actually happening is they are reflecting, or pulling out, what is internal and functioning on many levels. So it's not only parsing card coupling or grouping by analysis, which is a 'breaking down' function that then puts the puzzle pieces back together, but also a part of mind that 'see's' the whole in a way that analysis alone never could. This is the part I call intuitive.

snowmoon

i read last 4 cards as advice card.