2. What has contributed to the current state of the relationship
3. Direction that the relationship is currently heading toward

4. Querent's view of the OP
5. Querent's view of the relationship
6. Querent's behavior in regards to the OP

7. OP's view of the querant
8. OP's view of the relationship
9. OP's behavior in regards to the querent

10. What querent needs to know about the OP (what is underneath the surface)
11. What querent needs to know about his/her relationship with the OP (what is underneath the surface)
12. What querent needs to know about the OP's feelings towards the querant (what is underneath the surface)

13. What forces (outside of the querent's control) are affecting the relationship
14. What the querant can do to improve the relationship and make it grow
15. Advice

nirvie

wow, the first thread i click and i find a spread that suits exactly what i need! i'm going to give this a whirl tonight =)

zhahmi

I'm very interested in giving this spread a whirl, but what exactly does OP stand for?

Glass Owl

OP= Other Person

zhahmi

Thank you very much for clarifying that for me, Owl.

Virgo26

Interesting spread! I learned some things about a friendship that I didn't quite expect to discover. We'll see how it pans out.

AppleSpice

Interesting and detailed spread! Will definitely try

esspeet

This is just what the doctor ordered. I'd love to give this a whirl, but before that can you explain your reasoning for each card position? Verrrrrry curious. Very curious indeed.

edit: sorry.. I should clarify - I mean, are there any reasons behind the placement of each position?

Glass Owl

edit: sorry.. I should clarify - I mean, are there any reasons behind the placement of each position?

I created this spread more than six years ago (and I have made a lot of other spreads since then) so the details regarding its layout is a bit fuzzy.

That said, I like for certain positions are placed into groupings and I looks like I did that here too.

The positions on the sides (left column 1, 2, 3) and (right column 13, 14, 15) are the overview and key positions that I like in a relationship spread.

The middle area (positions 4-12) is the "meaty" details. The first row (4, 5, and 6) are positions regarding the querent. The second row (7, 8. and 9) are about the OP (aka the Other Person). The third row (10, 11, 12) are all things that the querent needs to know regarding things that are "below the surface."

If one wanted a smaller spread (or didn't feel the need for going into such detail) positions 4-12 could be removed. This would leave six card positions (left column 1, 2, 3) and (right column 13, 14, 15).

So, with a bit of renumbering, the spread would turn into....

The Seeds of Friendship Spread: Smaller Version (6) by Glass Owl

1. Current state of relationship
2. What has contributed to the current state of the relationship
3. Direction that the relationship is currently heading toward
4. What forces (outside of the querent's control) are affecting the relationship
5. What the querant can do to improve the relationship and make it grow
6. Advice

If one wanted to tweak it further or wanted a slightly different layout, one could use something like:

esspeet

Wow, thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply. This is very helpful to my understanding of the flow of the energies based on position. The smaller spreads are great too. You're very talented! I can't wait to give them a shot.