SR Planets in Synastry...your experience?

jason.lee83

Hi all,

I've recently delved into Solar Return SR charts an I've noticed that the important people in my life somehow has a close conjunction of my SR planets to their natal planets/angles.

My experience with this particular girl my SR sun conjuncts her Neptune and we have a dreamy connection; this was for the 2014-2015 and my birthday is not until December. With the same girl, I still have the same connection but this time it's with my 7th house SR Sun. I also have my SR Neptune conjunct her MC. All these connections are less than one degree. We have our TOB off from our birth certificate.

What strikes me most is the EXACT SR Moon her natal moon conjunct for the 2015-2016 time period and I wonder what this means?

What's your experience with this and how did it affect you with the person you have this with?

Minderwiz

A Solar Return chart, is as you know, the chart for the moment the Sun returns to it's natal position. So any transiting planet that aspects your natal Sun will also aspect your SR Sun in exactly the same way. Similarly any planet in a synastry that aspects your natal Sun will aspect your SR Sun. There's nothing special or unusual about such aspects. And they will hold for every Solar Return - by definition. So if your SR Sun aspects her Neptune, then so does your natal Sun and that is the important relationship.

As the Solar Return chart is a transit chart, apart from the Sun which is always in the same sign and degree, other planets can be in different signs or degrees than their natal position and it is the relationship of natal chart and transit chart that is most important.

Because the year is not a perfect number of days, (it's nearer to 365 days 6 hours). The house position of the planets in your SR Chart is likely to be different from your natal chart. There are various ways of looking at this difference. Some Astrologers, will concentrate on angular planets in the SR chart, others will look at how closely or how widely the two charts differ.

Traditionally, significant differences between SR and natal were seen as indicating a difficult year - things were not as they 'should' be and therefore planets that were angular or emphasised in some way in your natal chart might not be as prominent to the same degree.

More modern views look at the angular planets in your SR chart as having the most influence on the coming year. Indeed it's possible to 'progress' the planets in an SR chart to time their influences, as they reach the angles.

In a sense both approaches are variants of the same thing. picking out the key influences for the year and looking how easily these can be dealt with through your own actions.

I've not come across anyone who has looked at SR and synastry but there clearly are ways of relating transits to either a natal chart or a composite chart. In the example of your SR Moon and her natal Moon; your SR Moon coincides with a lunar return for her So that day is 'special' for both of you. How and in what way really depends on your individual natal charts. She will have a lunar return every 28 days (approx) so for a year there's a connection from you to her for that year. The manner and strength of the connections will vary according to house position and therefore angularity. Look at the houses your Moons are placed in in your natal charts and the houses they rule. Together with the angularity in natal and return chart, you should be able to pick up some themes.

jason.lee83

A Solar Return chart, is as you know, the chart for the moment the Sun returns to it's natal position. So any transiting planet that aspects your natal Sun will also aspect your SR Sun in exactly the same way. Similarly any planet in a synastry that aspects your natal Sun will aspect your SR Sun. There's nothing special or unusual about such aspects. And they will hold for every Solar Return - by definition. So if your SR Sun aspects her Neptune, then so does your natal Sun and that is the important relationship.

As the Solar Return chart is a transit chart, apart from the Sun which is always in the same sign and degree, other planets can be in different signs or degrees than their natal position and it is the relationship of natal chart and transit chart that is most important.

Because the year is not a perfect number of days, (it's nearer to 365 days 6 hours). The house position of the planets in your SR Chart is likely to be different from your natal chart. There are various ways of looking at this difference. Some Astrologers, will concentrate on angular planets in the SR chart, others will look at how closely or how widely the two charts differ.

Traditionally, significant differences between SR and natal were seen as indicating a difficult year - things were not as they 'should' be and therefore planets that were angular or emphasised in some way in your natal chart might not be as prominent to the same degree.

More modern views look at the angular planets in your SR chart as having the most influence on the coming year. Indeed it's possible to 'progress' the planets in an SR chart to time their influences, as they reach the angles.

In a sense both approaches are variants of the same thing. picking out the key influences for the year and looking how easily these can be dealt with through your own actions.

I've not come across anyone who has looked at SR and synastry but there clearly are ways of relating transits to either a natal chart or a composite chart. In the example of your SR Moon and her natal Moon; your SR Moon coincides with a lunar return for her So that day is 'special' for both of you. How and in what way really depends on your individual natal charts. She will have a lunar return every 28 days (approx) so for a year there's a connection from you to her for that year. The manner and strength of the connections will vary according to house position and therefore angularity. Look at the houses your Moons are placed in in your natal charts and the houses they rule. Together with the angularity in natal and return chart, you should be able to pick up some themes.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. Thank you. Wow! I've learned quite a lot. I still can't quite figure out how the SR moon to her moon will play out...both our moons are in the 10th house and where I have Moon in Gemini in the 10th on my natal chart, on my SR chart, it switched to being Moon in Aries in the 10th at 6 degrees...definitely exact conjunction to her natal Moon in Aries (also in the 10th) which is also at 6 degrees. I will definitely take everything you've said into account. Thanks again! Much appreciated!