Practical questions/survey about your online tarot reading business

geoxena

Hello all,
I have some questions for those of you who charge for readings via your own website or blog. I would love your answers and feedback. These questions are aimed at helping me and a friend of mine to figure out our approach when we are ready to go for it, and to see whether our ideas are sane and sensible or not! I also think that seeing answers to these questions all in one thread would be helpful to a lot of people. It may seem like a ton of questions, but your answers can be as short and concise or as complex and detailed as you like, and feel free to skip any you don't wish to answer - so I hope you won't mind responding. The more input from a variety of readers, the better!

Many thanks, in advance, for answering as much as you can. Ok, here goes...

1a.) If you do readings for clients through a website or blog, in what format do you deliver most of your readings? (Email, video, skype, phone, pdf download, or something else?)
1b.) how often, in general, do you update your site or blog with new articles, blog posts, features, etc.?

2a.) What information about themselves do you ask a client to provide before you do a reading?
2b.) do you offer to let your clients choose the deck for their reading?
2c.) do you somehow provide a way for your clients to pick their cards? (choosing numbers, software that presents card images for them to shuffle and select, or some other way)
2d.) how do clients/potential clients contact you for a reading? By simply selecting a reading in your online shop, or emailing you first to arrange for or schedule a reading?

3a.) If you send your clients readings via emails:
3b.) what is the turn-around time you promise to send the reading to them?
3c.) do you send the reading in the body of your email or as an attachment?
3d.) do you include images of the cards you read for them in your reading? Or descriptions only? Or neither?

4.) How many types of readings do you offer?

5.) How do you structure your pricing? In other words, do you determine your prices by number of cards, set time limits for doing readings, type of spread, subject matter/issue, or something else? You don't have to say what you charge.

6.) Do you offer "add-ons" for an additional charge? I don't mean merchandise here. I mean something like an extra card, some other type of reading, etc. If you feel comfortable sharing what it is, please do.

7.) Do you use shopping cart software for people to select their readings (and any other stuff they may purchase)? If so, which one? Are you happy with its functionality and design?

8.) How do you accept payment? (PayPal, Square, some other credit card processor? )

9a.) What country are you in?
9b.) if in the USA, do you accept international clients/payments?
9c.) if yes, are there any complications or special considerations regarding accepting international payments?

10a.) Do you offer any kind of "money back guarantee," ie, a refund or do-over within a certain amount of time if client is not happy with their reading?
10b.) have you ever had to deal with chargebacks?

11a.) Do you sell tarot-related merchandise online also?
11b.) If so, do you sell it at the same site as where you offer readings, or a separate online shop?

12a.) Do you have a headshot or picture of yourself prominently displayed on your site/blog?
12b.) How extensive of a Bio do you include about yourself?
12c.) Do you have an Ethics Statement on your site or blog?

Okay, that's it! I know it's a lot of questions but hopefully they're not too painful to answer! Again, thanks for playing!

Kalisti

Nothing to add here, but I'm also interested to know and you have thoroughly covered all the bases as far as I can tell!