Going to Spain

rylla

Not sure if this is the right place to post; it seems to me the most suitable.

I am going to Madrid, Spain (also to Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, Ronda, Costa del Sol and Granada) and I'd be very grateful if someone could indicate me some good bookstores where they sell tarot decks.

Thanks!

euripides

I can't help on the bookstore question, but I hope you'll share your experiences in chat, as I'd love to visit Spain, and it'd be nice to hear the perspective of a fellow Tarot-lover.

page of ghosts

I don't know if I'm much help since I don't actually live in Spain but I tried to do some research with my shitty Spanish - I'm trying to learn the language so I can be trilingual but I'm kinda lazy. The search "comprar libros esotericos" (without any accents btw because that's how shitty my Spanish unfortunately is), this means "buy esoteric books", led me to this site. I believe they have a physical store in Madrid and they seem to sell tarot cards and books and all sorts of interesting stuff so it might be worth checking out: https://www.bohindra.com/Contactar/

"comprar cartas de tarot" might be a good search too. A lot of webstores have physical stores, if you check out the "contactar" area there might be an address.

Off topic, I'm happy to have learned a new verb :D

edit: tienda is a store, so tienda tarot, tienda esotericos might be helpful too, especially is you add the city you're visiting to the search! If your Spanish is worse than mine let me know, I'll try to help as well as I can.

rylla

I don't know if I'm much help since I don't actually live in Spain but I tried to do some research with my shitty Spanish - I'm trying to learn the language so I can be trilingual but I'm kinda lazy. The search "comprar libros esotericos" (without any accents btw because that's how shitty my Spanish unfortunately is), this means "buy esoteric books", led me to this site. I believe they have a physical store in Madrid and they seem to sell tarot cards and books and all sorts of interesting stuff so it might be worth checking out: https://www.bohindra.com/Contactar/

"comprar cartas de tarot" might be a good search too. A lot of webstores have physical stores, if you check out the "contactar" area there might be an address.

Off topic, I'm happy to have learned a new verb :D

edit: tienda is a store, so tienda tarot, tienda esotericos might be helpful too, especially is you add the city you're visiting to the search! If your Spanish is worse than mine let me know, I'll try to help as well as I can.

Thank you so much page of ghosts! That helps a LOT! My Spanish level = zero, but now I have a starting point (and google translate :)) and some key words I am learning from you :) so I'm hopeful I find something!

nisaba

PM Le Fanu - he seems to know all the good spots. I know he doesn't live there, but he visits there and buys decks there. :)

page of ghosts

gregory

When I was in Barcelona, I found some in Casa del Llibre, which I THINK is a chain.

There's also the similarly named (I was googling too) https://www.casadellibro.com. They have decks, on line at least, and branches in Madrid, Barcelona, Oviedo, Gijón, Zaragoza, Ponferrada, Valencia, Gandía, Córdoba, Alicante, Bilbao, Vitoria, Vigo, Cartagena, Castellón, Málaga, Sevilla and Valladolid

rylla

When I was in Barcelona, I found some in Casa del Llibre, which I THINK is a chain.

There's also the similarly named (I was googling too) https://www.casadellibro.com. They have decks, on line at least, and branches in Madrid, Barcelona, Oviedo, Gijón, Zaragoza, Ponferrada, Valencia, Gandía, Córdoba, Alicante, Bilbao, Vitoria, Vigo, Cartagena, Castellón, Málaga, Sevilla and Valladolid

Thank you very much Gregory!

My Spanish is improving as we speak. I understood 'perfecto' without a dictionary :)

Edward Tarot Hands

Not sure if this is the right place to post; it seems to me the most suitable.

I am going to Madrid, Spain (also to Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, Ronda, Costa del Sol and Granada) and I'd be very grateful if someone could indicate me some good bookstores where they sell tarot decks.

Thanks!
Hi I live in Valencia.
La casa de los Libros is a big bookstore chain, I don't know if they sell Tarot cards. If you look
around the old parts of the cities you can usually find lots of second hand bookstores and new age type shops.
Most big cities have markets on the Sundays where you can find some gems. they're like big flea markets/car boot sales. I've picked up a couple of packs of cards there.

In the north of Spain in Vitoria you can visit The Fournier Museum. They have a big collection of cards though I've never visited it
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museo_Fournier_de_Naipes

If you're interested I can hit you will a few useful Spanish phrases
¿Que Pasa? :What's happening
¿Que? :What?
Dime :Tell me (used in shops, bars and restaurants to ask what you want.)
¿Que te pongo? : What would you like in bars and shops, literally 'what can I put you'
¿Hay un/una ...... por aqui? Is there a ......... around here? (insert your word, bank, bar, hotel etc)

ciao y disfrutas tu visita a españa!

ivanna

Hi there and greetings from Spain.
I do not have much knowledge about tarot shops or museums in mainland spain, as I am located in Mallorca, but what can I tell you is that I always buy my decks online. Amazon or bookdepo are usually much more cheaper than a shop in the city, so if you want to save some euros, don't get them on the local shops.
I have made a couple of researchs and it seems that there is a Tarot Museum in Madrid, Alcobendas, but I have no idea about if this is open, and which are the opening times.
You may be interested on writting them an email or give a call before going.
http://museodeltarot.com/quienes-somos
You can use google maps & google street viewr and look for "tiendas esotericas en madrid" or in any city you are.
Look for the ones that are closer to you, as Madrid is very big and you may not interested on crossing the city to visit one unless it is very good and worth the time.
Do that search for all the cities you wanna visit
"tienda esoterica madrid" or "tienda esoterica malaga" and you may be able to check the location, and have a look to the site if they have or some google images.
If you have no previous knowledge of Spain and where to go, I recommend you to use the tripadvisor site on location. Not for looking about esoterical shops, but It will be very usefull to get good recommendations about restaurants. I used on my last trip to Madrid, and it guided us to good restaurants. So you will be able to aboiv the typical places made for tourists and taste the ones visited by the locals. Normally better quality and better prices.
When visiting very touristic places, be aware from the "claveleras" they are gipsy women dressed in black, ususlly fat and ugly. They offer a flower and a chiromancy reading in the middle of the street. Do not be tempted to receive a reading. They will do some shitty reading and then ask for much money or directly steal your pocket.
I'm sorry I can not help much regarding to the shops, but I do not live in any place you will visit.
Enjoy your travel, you are going to visit wonderfull places in Spain. Ronda is a very small villa, I guess you wont be able to find any esoteric shop there. Use tripadvisor to avoid the turistic shitty restaurants (is a very touristic place). Toledo is superb, and also the food.
Hope LeFanu can read this thread, I guess he will be able to provide usefull information than me.