Saturn.... What the heck!

starchaser1277

I have no knowledge of Astrology, however I did have my chart read by the most amazing 85 year old astrologer in December. I am a Sagittarius, an apparently saturn has been in my orbit for the past two years. I have had some major life changes since saturn arrived, a major divorce, financial problems, kids moving out of my home (college, and my eldest moved to another city for work), I have had a few heartbreaks, a relationship ending due to timing, numerous other bad luck happenings. She told me sweeping changes. My question is when will Saturn leave so that all of this upheaval will end? I read that Saturn teaches lessons and is the planet of karma, and that when Saturn leaves it shapes you into a stronger better person. Is this true?

I'm also curious about any other Sagittaians who have been through any similar experiences.

Nemia

I can't tell you exactly when Saturn leaves Sagittarius' neighborhood. Until the end of 2017 I think, it moves slowly and is always c. 2 years in one sign, and afterwards, its influence is weakening but still felt. I can tell you how to look for it for yourself, if you are interested.

Take a look at the sky - I copied from Stellarium how the sky looks in New York right now. Take the Moon as orientation. To the left of it, you can see clearly a constellation shaped like a tea kettle. That's Sagittarius. Do you see Saturn? It has moved towards Scorpio but it's still close to Sagittarius.

In the tarot, Sagittarius is associated with Temperance. It's a mutable sign, the gentlest fire sign. Saturn (associated with the World) is a planet that slows everything down - it's also associated with the metal lead, its dull shine and heaviness. Before other planets where known (before the invention of the telescope), Saturn was the slowest planet.

In all the card associated via decan with Saturn, you can see that this planet can be a killjoy, a pessimist - he often gives the whole card a turn to the negative. But still, Saturn is very necessary. Its influence dampens aggressiveness or arrogance, and it tells you to take responsibility for every second he gives you.

Saturn or Chronos is the ruler of time, so until the end of 2017, you will finish some important cycles in your life. And now look at the image of the World. That's how you will leave the Saturn transit whose influence you felt. It's not easy to get through but you leave with a feeling of achievement and harmony. Ready for the next cycle.

That's my completely laywomanish take on Saturn.

But take note when Temperance and World appear together, and maybe meditate over them. I find tarot makes astrology accessible.

CosmicBeing

usually when Saturn transits the house your moon sits in those are more troubling times.

but really saturn shows us where we are disorganized where things are not in order or manage well.

The children leaving for college I am doubtful that is because of saturn.

I don't think Saturn is the whole culprit. Uranus might be involved too.

if you go to astro.com

go to extended list ...put in your data.

then you can choose natal with transit chart.

Then you can choose the date. You then can find out how much longer it will be before it leaves your house.

Saturn takes 2.5 years to transit a house.. it can sometimes take slightly longer because of retrograde moments.

danieljuk

I've also had a really heavy time with Saturn but it's lasted years for me!
Saturn was in Scorpio before Sagittarius for 2.5 years and as a Taurean (sun sign) this was in my solar opposite house (7th). So I had a huge problem with searching for love, relationships with others and my social life. It really beat me up but my actual life about me was okay. However for other Taurean's they now have a much better time and a good chance of love but Sagittarius for me is my 1st House! So I have Saturn in my 1st house until the end of 2017 and now it's really beating me up :(

I believe that everything happens for a reason, there is a reason for Saturn. We have to get more serious and it's not all bad. Perhaps some people find their serious other half or get married or buy a house. Perhaps relationships are not working out and it's time to realise the truth. It's time to act like an adult in dealing with our lives. For me, I was spending a lot of money and now I have to be really careful spending money as I am in a less secure situation. lot's of family have moved away from me and friends. I hope for much better periods of my life ahead as this is one of the toughest but I think it does put us in a better place Starchaser in the end :heart: We will have a big shift in our lives anyway and we have to deal with it somehow, the positive of Saturn is that it gives us experience and wisdom!

You can work out when you will be most affected by Saturn by working out decans....

Decan 1 of Sagittarius are birthdays November 23rd - December 2nd (0 to 10 degrees for Rising).
Decan 2 is December 3rd - 12th (10 to 20 degrees for Rising)
Decan 3 is December 13th - 21st (20 to 30 degrees)

Saturn has travelled through the first Decan and so the early Sag birthdays have had the worst obstacles already. These are the dates of it's travel....

Saturn in Sagittarius Decan 1 ~ Dec 23 2014 – June 14 2015. Sept 17 to Dec 21 2015.
Saturn in Sagittarius Decan 2 ~ Dec 22 2015 – Dec 19 2016.
Saturn in Sagittarius Decan 3 ~ Dec 20 2016 – Dec 20 2017

It could still be tricky times until the end of 2017 but things are easier when it's not exactly over you :) hopefully it's a shift in our lives to much better times ahead!

decan

From a more traditional point of view, Saturn has to be dignified to bring some good, in Sagittarius this planet has no particular dignity, and will stay retrograde until 13 august. After it will be slow for a while but direct.

I read as well that Saturn is currently conjunct with Antares, fixed stars get a bad reputation but often in mundane astrology, for individuals I am not sure.

CosmicBeing

Transit Antares, fixed star is conjunct with Antaras in the constellation.

So wherever your saggittarus is... look around 10 degree of it.
In addition Antares, fixed star is transiting with Saturn
Both transit saturn and transit Antares, fixed star are at 10 degrees
(Calling antares transit because I'm looking outside of the natal chart)

http://darkstarastrology.com/antares/

Look at the house where around 10 degree of saggittarus is sitting. That is the house in your life that will be affect.

Saggittarius is also the original ruler of 9th house.

http://darkstarastrology.com/antares/2/

“It has been said that “Antares demands we ‘take a stand’ for our truth against the established conditions of our personal lives and against the established order or authority directing our lives when those conditions and that authority are no longer in our best interest nor supporting or evolutionary freedom.”

This can definitely be true for the house Saturn and Antares is transiting.

Antares Keywords

Intense, dramatic, militant, fiery, passionate, obsessive, compulsive, fast and furious, spicy, awesome, eminent, primal, demanding, ruthless, ambitious, survivors, trailblazers, combative, driven, maniacal, pushy, tyrannical, villainous, human, bestial, ravenous, natural, impulsive, instinctive, challenging, raging, rampant, revolutionary, highly sexed, devilish, demonic, wicked, devils-advocate, teasing, taunting, provoking, phoenix from the flames, dare-devils, self-sabotaging, envious, valorous, competitive, temperamental, emotional, hot-headed, self-motivated, self-governed, mover & shaker.
http://darkstarastrology.com/antares/2/

Thanx decan for letting me know this. Didn't know this was occurring.

CosmicBeing

Around December 17th 2016.. saturn will be far away from Antares.
Saturn will be in 19'38 Saggittarius

Emma313

I hate saturn, sucked the life out of me
Sooner it moves out my life the better

I used to be a jovial person (moon jupiter in sag)
Ive endured saturn transiting all my personal planets and ascendant for years now, bang after bang,waiting for him to bugger off for good

I hate saturn
Good riddance
It will be conjuncting my natal saturn too so the fecker has me it seems, ha ha lets see who has the last laugh!

decan

Saturn is essential in order to maintain cosmic balance, I don't hate him, but he can be as well a harsh master.
One time I read that the gift of Saturn is wisdom through suffering.

Emma313

Oh Ive gained the wisdom, but why suffer to get it, its ssadistic