The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

firefrost

Well, I'm still here, even though I've not posted for a couple of weeks.

Life happens!

Had hubby working shifts and that meant no concentrating on here while he was home during the day and now I've got youngest daughter at home on exam revision leave, with her "Can I go on, mum"?'s!!! (That doesn't look right, but what the hey...)

Anyway, I like sapienza's spread and I'm going to get round to trying it very soon.

sapienza

Hi all. I've just posted a reading to my blog. I forgot to use the spread I suggested earlier so I might give that one a go next time. I don't normally ask for feedback but I wouldn't mind it this week if anyone has time as it's an issue I've got to make a decision about. And when it comes to decisions.... I'm hopeless! Thanks :)

Onyx

Slow and steady

One idea I had for this PDR was to tkae some time and work throught the book by Christine Jette on Shadow work.

I started about a week ago and it has been fairly enlightening. Nothing too shocking but confirmation on what I knew my shadow side is.

Still it is a bit personal and not quite sure I am going to blog about it. But I am considering posting some of my findings in the Shadow Work study group.

Working through the shadow side idea of the cards is a valuable exercise in addition to working on the personal aspect.

The complete process is at least 9 or 10 spreads and I am thinking that this would be my path as I move into the next couple of months.

For my blog I may focus on my learning of the shadow side of the cards and not necessarily the readings.

Onyx.

Asher

Long overdue...

Having finally organized my notes and materials from the Readers Studio, I picked up the book The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. Great read! And I also saw that Kilted Kat created a spread based on it, so of course, I had to use it with the Fifth Tarot! So, a new blog post is up!

Asher

NorthernTigress

I feel a little embarrassed coming back to this thread after all this time, but I just finished writing a new blog entry. Yeah, I missed a lot of weeks, but I'm back. Check out what happened when I had an "unexpected" tarot reading.

firecatpickles

I feel a bit embarrassed, too, as I haven't done one in a few weeks either. I am thinking of switching decks.

sapienza

Yes, I'm the same. My last post was three weeks ago. I've been working pretty exclusively with my Ancient Italian and haven't been doing much else. I'm still keen to keep doing the PDR with the Vacchetta but just need to find some time to sit down and type up my readings.

firefrost

I don't know if 'embarrassed' is the right word for me to use.

I do feel guilty, but my problem's been that I ran out of things to do readings about. Such an exciting life I lead!

All I can say is that I'll pop back from time to time, if that's okay.

Or, if I do a reading, I'll asl the querent if I can post it, along with feedback.

I don't want to change my deck, I'm head over heels in love with my Anna K.

firecatpickles

That is part of my issue, too, running out of things to read about; or having issues that are too private to post about on my blog ;) (can't have people I know accidentally reading about themselves!)

Onyx

About a month ago I knew that my PDR was in pretty big trouble. I was still doing daily draws and staying consistent, I was wavering. I was slowing falling behind and then fell off all together. I decided that I want to finally work through Christine Jette's Tarot Shadow Work.

It is a great plan for structured personal reflection readings. You do one six card spread call the Star of Discovery. Then you can do the Star of Recovery spread on each of those six cards.

There are following steps and so I have been working through the book, one spread a week. The whole book is great and I am learning loads about myself and it is helping me really to connect with my deck and my reading style too.

The thing is though the process is really personal and revealing. It is a lot of information to take in on a weekly basis and not something I want to post to a very public place like the internet. I for some reason consider my blog a bit more public than this forum and so I have been cosidering posting here but I am pretty sure I am going to wait to do that until I have completed the whole process. Then I may post my reflections in retrospect.

All this is to say that if you are looking for something that may help you I say try the book out.

Onyx.