6 of cups

bast

Hi,

Is the 6 of cups the soulmate card ? This is not a reading i did for myself. It's a friend who did the reading. In the position "Is she the one for you ?" 6 of cups came up

The reader told me that this was the soulmate card. She also told me to be careful because a past lover may be coming back. I don't have a past lover but none the less a past crush could be coming back. Someone wanting to apolozise for the way they treted me.

Is that accurate

gregory

No. There is no such thing as a soul mate card. 6 cups is in any case more about nostalgia and innocence.

bast

thank you Gregory i truly appreciate your help. So it means she reminds me of someone of the past or i reminded her of someone from the past.

Anyway i don't think it's a bad card to get. I was just going by what the reader told me.

Thirteen

6/Cups could be called the "comfortable" card. It's often looked at as nostolgia because you feel comfortable with someone as if you know them or have always known them. This might be why your reader called it a "soul mate" card.

But as Gregory wisely said, there is no "soul mate" card because there is a lot of disagreement about what constitutes a soul mate. There are people who if I said "you're very comfortable with this person" would yawn and say, "well, that's not my soul mate! To me a soul mate is exciting, passionate, all chemistry. Not some comfortable pair of old slippers..."

Perhaps this comfortable feeling is exactly the right for you, however, and if "perfect fit" is your definition of "soulmate" then that could apply. But no one card is that for every person. For some this would not be a perfect fit.

Just to add: if you believe in past lives, then what your reader might have meant that when saying that an old lover was coming back into your life. The 6/Cups can be viewed that way. As meeting someone from a past life.

bast

Hi thirteen my reader said that the 6 of cup is often a past flame coming back. That it was not about the girl i asked. She said that the 6 of cup was a soulmate card. However someone from your past is coming back an old flame

So it seeems she meant 2 different persons. This card seems rather positive.

gregory

It's more about YOUR nostalgia.

As for soul-mates - I have friends I regard as soul mates because they are totally on the same wave length as I am and we have a really deep connection. Not necessarily True Lurve at all.

CharlotteK

Most of the decks I have present this card as nostalgia, a past innocence and a dreaming of days when life was uncomplicated, experiencing a childlike pleasure and joy in simple things. It's not always entirely positive in my experience, sometimes it's come up as a slightly cautionary message about living too much in the past, or being a little naive, but that depends on the context. It could refer to a childhood sweetheart or crush but I've never heard or seen if referred to as a soulmate card. First love perhaps?