The moon in love/relationships

Queen_Of_Cups27

Hey everyone, I was wondering what everyone thought of the moon in regards to readings about relationships/love or feelings, I personally see this card as very romantic and I think when this card shows in a reading of love it's saying that the emotions between the people are deeply loving, I also think is has past life associations and when I pull this card it usually suggests to me that an emotional/spiritual connection is being felt.
However I've seen other people interpret this card as much more negative and some people see it as deciet and even being cheated on but being too blind to see it and deceiving yourself.
Obviously all cards have negative tunes to it but initially if I pick up this card in a reading to do with love I see it as deep emotions being felt which may confuse someone as they have not felt that way before ( depending on the surrounding cards of course)
Also I see this card as quite a sexual card and in terms of sex I think it's quite positive and suggests fantasies being fulfilled, I think it's a very good card in particular for a female ( as the moon is feminine) I also think it shows wild, untamed sex.
Would love to hear what your interpretations are of the moon in these contexts.

JoannaCrystal

Hey everyone, I was wondering what everyone thought of the moon in regards to readings about relationships/love or feelings, I personally see this card as very romantic and I think when this card shows in a reading of love it's saying that the emotions between the people are deeply loving, I also think is has past life associations and when I pull this card it usually suggests to me that an emotional/spiritual connection is being felt.
However I've seen other people interpret this card as much more negative and some people see it as deciet and even being cheated on but being too blind to see it and deceiving yourself.
Obviously all cards have negative tunes to it but initially if I pick up this card in a reading to do with love I see it as deep emotions being felt which may confuse someone as they have not felt that way before ( depending on the surrounding cards of course)
Also I see this card as quite a sexual card and in terms of sex I think it's quite positive and suggests fantasies being fulfilled, I think it's a very good card in particular for a female ( as the moon is feminine) I also think it shows wild, untamed sex.
Hi there Queen of cups 😊

My opinion about your question is that you should keep your interpretation.. I can tell that is very unique and personal and I felt that you really connect with with Moon! That's lovely!! And I think I've also connected with your interpretation as well, I can see that about the Moon and I liked it 😊

For me personally, the Moon is about the unconscious.. So, it can give us a great and beautiful imagination and intuiton! So if you have this energy of the Moon maybe you're a person who fantasizes a lot and your mind is full of lovely and crazy ideas!
But since the Moon is about the unconscious, it can also bring illusion, fear that causes anxieties or missing courage because of doubt's!
And it's also said that at the light of the moon everything may not be what appeared to be.

So for me this is my interpretation of the Moon 😊

Much light for you!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Queen_Of_Cups27

Hi there Queen of cups 😊

My opinion about your question is that you should keep your interpretation.. I can tell that is very unique and personal and I felt that you really connect with with Moon! That's lovely!! And I think I've also connected with your interpretation as well, I can see that about the Moon and I liked it 😊

For me personally, the Moon is about the unconscious.. So, it can give us a great and beautiful imagination and intuiton! So if you have this energy of the Moon maybe you're a person who fantasizes a lot and your mind is full of lovely and crazy ideas!
But since the Moon is about the unconscious, it can also bring illusion, fear that causes anxieties or missing courage because of doubt's!
And it's also said that at the light of the moon everything may not be what appeared to be.

So for me this is my interpretation of the Moon 😊

Much light for you!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Thank JoannaCrystal, yes I do really connect with the moon because in astrology I have my moon in the 4th house.For me the moon is beautiful and I usually draw it a lot in readings to do with love and spirituality or just in general readings,it's also my soul card with my personality card being the HP which is also associated with the moon.
Much light for you.

SunChariot

I don't really have any negative meanings for any of the cards. But The Moon is a card for me that evolved, changed meaning over time for me.

It started off meaning romance and romantic feelings (full moon and all). But now it's changed for me to be about a feeling of awe at life, clearly seeing the magic of life, being in the moment and seeing, hearing, smelling all around your more clearly. Sensing things more vibrantly. Which (when you think of it) is also something that happens when you first fall in love, the world around you seems more vibrant, beautiful and alive.

That is my current meaning for The Moon.

In that sense if readings about romance or relationships, for me, it could be talking about those feelings at the start of a relationship, where the love is new and the world all around is shining brightly and feels brighter and shinier than ever before.

I'm not quite sure how that applies to sexuality. Take what you will from it. But somehow all your senses would be heightened and alive and,...well something pretty amazing, I would guess.

Babs

Grizabella

I see the Moon in relationship readings as meaning there's something that's not being seen quite clearly. When you're seeing things in moonlight, you're not able to see accurately because the light is so dim and the things around you can't be made out clearly. Colors are washed out and the outlines of things are foggy and blurred. In relationship readings, I see the card as meaning the sitter should be aware that they shouldn't take too much for granted at that time and should just be watchful of signs as to something they might learn that's not what they believe initially.

Luna means moon and you've heard the term "lunatic", which means someone who is not quite stable emotionally who is affected by the moon.

The moon has no light of its own. It only reflects the light of the sun. This could indicate someone who is a "groupie" who hangs around someone whose light shines more brightly in the world and considers themselto be greater, more interesting, more important, through their association with the charismatic person they hover around. They use this pseudo-importance to their own advantage and reap rewards like sex, money, pride that they don't feel they have on their own.

In Tarot Wisdom, Rachel Pollack refers to us as stories and quotes an essayist Callan Williams who says, "From the moment we are born, our bodies begin to die and our stories begin to grow". She also cites a Hassidic proverb which says "Why did God make humans? Because God loves stories". Commonly, the moon is seen as feminine while the sun is seen as masculine. The Egyptians, though, saw the moon as masculine and associated it with Thoth, the creator of Tarot and who taught "as above, so below". (Just threw this stuff in there because I think it's interesting.)

Outside of Tarot, the moon is often seen as being romantic, though, which is why people associate it with romance I guess. I've just seen it in readings as meaning more along the lines of an issue that's not being looked at clearly or that says there's more to be revealed and things aren't what they seem. I've found that readings are more clear when I refer back to traditional meanings for the cards and then go from there.

Achlys

I see the Moon in relationship readings as meaning there's something that's not being seen quite clearly. When you're seeing things in moonlight, you're not able to see accurately because the light is so dim and the things around you can't be made out clearly. Colors are washed out and the outlines of things are foggy and blurred. In relationship readings, I see the card as meaning the sitter should be aware that they shouldn't take too much for granted at that time and should just be watchful of signs as to something they might learn that's not what they believe initially.

Luna means moon and you've heard the term "lunatic", which means someone who is not quite stable emotionally who is affected by the moon.

The moon has no light of its own. It only reflects the light of the sun. This could indicate someone who is a "groupie" who hangs around someone whose light shines more brightly in the world and considers themselto be greater, more interesting, more important, through their association with the charismatic person they hover around. They use this pseudo-importance to their own advantage and reap rewards like sex, money, pride that they don't feel they have on their own.

In Tarot Wisdom, Rachel Pollack refers to us as stories quotes an essayist Callan Williams who says, "From the moment we are born, our bodies begin to die and our stories begin to grow". She also cites a Hassidic proverb which says "Why did God make humans? Because God loves stories". Commonly, the moon is seen as feminine while the sun is seen as masculine. The Egyptians, though, saw the moon as masculine and associated it with Thoth, the creator of Tarot and who taught "as above, so below". (Just threw this stuff in there because I think it's interesting.)

Outside of Tarot, the moon is often seen as being romantic, though, which is why people associate it with romance I guess. I've just seen it in readings as meaning more along the lines of an issue that's not being looked at clearly or that says there's more to be revealed and things aren't what they seem. I've found that readings are more clear when I refer back to traditional meanings for the cards and then go from there.

You summed it up perfectly. This is how I view the Moon as well.

For asking about someone's romantic feelings, I've noticed the Moon usually means that it's all in the Seeker's head and that the chances of success aren't quite there.
Or for romance, it could mean that there's factors that the seeker isn't addressing and may be remaining in denial about. It's also been representative of emotional abuse in a couple readings I've done since the Moon is also somewhat about manipulating the Sun's rays into a reflection that may or may not be false.

Enlightenment23

I agree with Griz's interpretation of the Moon.

But I can see why people connect The Moon with romance. But I wouldn't lump in the Moon as being synonymous with the grounded, practical, I-want-to-be-with-you-forever type of love. Oh, no, no. The Moon is about that one aspect of romance that is behind the "Love is blind" cliche - where you just cannot think or see properly because you are too infatuated and smitten. The Moon can depict the woman who is sitting so far up cloud nine, she refuses to acknowledge that her boyfriend is cheating on her - even though the red flags are waving right in front of her face. It can be the stalker who is convinced that Angelina Jolie is absolutely in love with him and that they plan on getting married some day - and he hasn't met her a day in his life.

The Moon can be the "rose-colored glasses" part of romance.

But the Moon has most frequently popped up as confusion in my readings - someone swarming with deluded thoughts because their subconscious thoughts, fears, or fantasies are clouding the truth. It's also a card of deception - not everything is above-board. So, for example, I've seen this as someone who really wanted to be a phone tarot reader, but the Moon popped up to say, "I know being a phone tarot reader sounds like an amazing idea that can't go wrong, but you're living in a fantasy and you need to get real about the downsides of pursing this job."

Just my two cents :)

Saskia

I personally see this card as very romantic and I think when this card shows in a reading of love it's saying that the emotions between the people are deeply loving...Also I see this card as quite a sexual card and in terms of sex I think it's quite positive and suggests fantasies being fulfilled

Hi Queen, is this interpretation something that has come to be, i.e. you could verify that you got the meaning correct? If yes, then stick with it. If no, then you might be over-idealising this card based on what you hope from a certain relationship or person.

I've developed my understanding of the cards by keeping a log of all my readings for a few years now and reflecting back to see which were true. That's how I've come to a conclusion that the Moon is, for me, about (unfounded) fears, lack of clarity, seeing things either in more positive or negative light that what's really going on. It's confusion, being clouded by misjudgements or misunderstandings, or by one's own cloud castles.

I don't think it's bad card as such, it's more of a reminder to try to see beyond any imaginary fabrications in the situation and simply see just how it is - move to the light of day instead of the light of night: the Sun is the card of clarity, simplicity, authenticity, seeing what is.

Queen_Of_Cups27

Hi Queen, is this interpretation something that has come to be, i.e. you could verify that you got the meaning correct? If yes, then stick with it. If no, then you might be over-idealising this card based on what you hope from a certain relationship or person.

I've developed my understanding of the cards by keeping a log of all my readings for a few years now and reflecting back to see which were true. That's how I've come to a conclusion that the Moon is, for me, about (unfounded) fears, lack of clarity, seeing things either in more positive or negative light that what's really going on. It's confusion, being clouded by misjudgements or misunderstandings, or by one's own cloud castles.

I don't think it's bad card as such, it's more of a reminder to try to see beyond any imaginary fabrications in the situation and simply see just how it is - move to the light of day instead of the light of night: the Sun is the card of clarity, simplicity, authenticity, seeing what is.

Hi Saskia,I usually pull this card when I feel deep love for someone and recently I pulled it for someone's feelings for me and he recently told me he's loves me and he feels connected to me, so for feelings I usually think it suggests romantic feelings / thoughts which confuse a person and they may feel anxious around or about the person. However it's terms of relationships it could be more negative

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Queen_Of_Cups27,

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules, especially where feedback is concerned. You are required to leave feedback for each person who has posted trying to help you.