3 of swords in an anual reading

Francis13

Hey, I had birthday a few days ago and I decided to make a spread to my personal year... when it came to the month of August the 3 of swords popped. Thats a difficul card and my question to all the spread was only "how is my year going to be?"... well I dont know if the card is relatable to my relarionship or a change that will be happening to me in another field of my life. So I decided to ask a question to know what does that 3 of swords concerns towards me... it appeared the 2 of wandS.
So 3 of swords with 2 of wands could mean the end of something, me making a important decision.. im confused...
Me knowing a big secret that will change my life?

Can anyone help me? I just see these poor meanings as a way to interpret the cards

Thirteen

Unlikely that you'll know what it's about till later in the year....

Year spreads present one card for the whole month, and many of those months (like August there) might be pretty far away. So, unless you see a card and you know instantly what it means, then the card should be read as the general feel of that whole month. AND that is only for now. Rather like predicting the weather, the closer to the present the more accurate, the father away...the more likely it will change. All you know now is that the forecast for August is "storms." What kind of storms, how long they'll last, what places will get the most rainfall...you can't know any of this till you get closer to August.

The 3/Swords is about a painful reveal that allows you to move on. It's not something you wanted to hear or know, but now that you do, you are no longer wondering, worrying, or unable to act. 2/Wands is exactly that. ACTING. You make a quick, and energetic decision--pick your path and start on your way. So. In August, be prepared to learn something that will hurt--but also allow you to regain your energy, regain your focus, decide and act.

What will that be? You can't know till you get a little closer to August. Maybe something is starting now, something small and invisible. Or maybe it won't appear and start till April. BUT here's the thing. You KNOW it's coming. So, maybe around June you'll look around and ask again, "What could it be?" And you'll say, "Ah-ha! I see what August is all about. These people are keeping secrets from me. Well. I'm not going through that 3/Swords." And you'll confront those people, and you get them to be honest, which, at this early point, doesn't hurt you like it would two months later. Suddenly, that 3/Swords for August is no more. Because knowing about it, you worked to scatter those rain clouds, stopping the storm before it was fully formed. Sometimes you can do that. Sometimes not. But if not...you'll still know storms are coming in August, and have your umbrella ready. :)

Francis13

Year spreads present one card for the whole month, and many of those months (like August there) might be pretty far away. So, unless you see a card and you know instantly what it means, then the card should be read as the general feel of that whole month. AND that is only for now. Rather like predicting the weather, the closer to the present the more accurate, the father away...the more likely it will change. All you know now is that the forecast for August is "storms." What kind of storms, how long they'll last, what places will get the most rainfall...you can't know any of this till you get closer to August.

The 3/Swords is about a painful reveal that allows you to move on. It's not something you wanted to hear or know, but now that you do, you are no longer wondering, worrying, or unable to act. 2/Wands is exactly that. ACTING. You make a quick, and energetic decision--pick your path and start on your way. So. In August, be prepared to learn something that will hurt--but also allow you to regain your energy, regain your focus, decide and act.

What will that be? You can't know till you get a little closer to August. Maybe something is starting now, something small and invisible. Or maybe it won't appear and start till April. BUT here's the thing. You KNOW it's coming. So, maybe around June you'll look around and ask again, "What could it be?" And you'll say, "Ah-ha! I see what August is all about. These people are keeping secrets from me. Well. I'm not going through that 3/Swords." And you'll confront those people, and you get them to be honest, which, at this early point, doesn't hurt you like it would two months later. Suddenly, that 3/Swords for August is no more. Because knowing about it, you worked to scatter those rain clouds, stopping the storm before it was fully formed. Sometimes you can do that. Sometimes not. But if not...you'll still know storms are coming in August, and have your umbrella ready. :)

I appreciate your comment! Actually it made me a little less scared of that 3oSwords
It's not a pleasant card for me, but knowing that in advance helps me in a way.

Grizabella

I'm not trying to make you anxious about this, but there are a couple other meanings I could see in it. One is surgery---like a hysterectomy. Another is heart problems. Another would be infidelity---that "lover's triangle" as it's been called.

I look to the surrounding cards to indicate what any one card might mean. You might want to post the whole spread in Your Readings sub-forum for more input. But you've drawn this for a yearly reading, so with just one card for the month of August, I suggest going back through the months before the 3 of Swords to see if you can get any clues.

Francis13

I'm not trying to make you anxious about this, but there are a couple other meanings I could see in it. One is surgery---like a hysterectomy. Another is heart problems. Another would be infidelity---that "lover's triangle" as it's been called.

I look to the surrounding cards to indicate what any one card might mean. You might want to post the whole spread in Your Readings sub-forum for more input. But you've drawn this for a yearly reading, so with just one card for the month of August, I suggest going back through the months before the 3 of Swords to see if you can get any clues.

Very interesting!
I didnt put all the reading because I assumed it could be a lot to ask but Im gonna do it.
In the other hand, meanwhile I bought the Rider Waite Deck (cause previously I didnt had the major arcanas) and I made the same spread but to be more detailed.

I got the 3 swords in November, so I think because I thought much about that card, can happen quickly than expected.. i just dont know what it could mean...
For december I got the page of wands and January 9 of swords... not very good either

hermit-IX

i see it as a bad decision or maybe you wanting to expand your horizons but not being able to and feeling hurt because of it