Tower and Queen Wands in a question

RNDeanna

Hi all,

I got the 3 swords in a previous reading for the general atmosphere of the upcoming month, and was trying to clarify that card. That reading was a 5 card reading, with the first card the atmosphere of the month, and then the following four cards are one for each week.

Having gotten that 3, one of the questions I asked in a separate reading of 9 cards was "who or what do I need to consider in getting through this month?" (a reading called "Who/What/Where".)

Response: The Tower, and Queen of Wands.

Having asked that question and gotten the Tower, my interpretation of what to consider is that some external events are going to happen ? The Tower would be what to consider... does this mean that I sit back and wait? It seems like a strange answer.. consider the Tower. Or I consider that I haven't made the changes of the Death card, so now the Tower comes and the changes are made for me...

The Queen of Wands is a contrast to this, with her energy and warmth, and makes much more sense in this context.. but then the pair together?

Perhaps this means that I've procrastinated on something until it crashed but I can handle whatever comes ?

Any input, please and thanks.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, RNDeanna!

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules if you haven't already. You may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a reading in UTC. The two cards listed in the title are clarifiers for one of the three cards in the Who/What/Where reading you did. That means that there were five cards in the whole reading, unless I'm missing something. So the most number of cards you can list and/or discuss is three. But then you mentioned another card from the reading making 4 cards out of a 5 card reading. Please either remove mention of the 4th card so that this thread may remain in UTC or add in the 5th card (along with your interpretations of these two cards) and this thread will be moved over to the Your Readings forum where complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

RNDeanna

My apologies. I've edited the post to be clearer about how many cards the reading was.
D

rwcarter

When looking at clarifiying cards, I look at what they have in common as I believe that clarifiers repeat the message of the original card but in a different way. Since the Tower is clarifying the 3S as what you need to consider to get through the month, it's saying that whatever event the 3S represents (as you didn't actually give us your interpretation of that card) is something that needs to happen, just like the tower that's built on false foundations needs to be knocked down so something better can be built in its place.

Again looking at what the two cards have in common, the QW may be the woman being ejected from the tower and as a clarifier the QW is drawing your attention to her. She might be you if you resonate with needing to be ejected out of some situation you've been in. Or she might be someone you know who you may need to catch or otherwise help once she reaches the ground.

You mentioned a fourth card that you also didn't interpret, so that card can't be discussed either.

HTH,
Rodney

RNDeanna

When looking at clarifiying cards, I look at what they have in common as I believe that clarifiers repeat the message of the original card but in a different way. Since the Tower is clarifying the 3S as what you need to consider to get through the month, it's saying that whatever event the 3S represents (as you didn't actually give us your interpretation of that card) is something that needs to happen, just like the tower that's built on false foundations needs to be knocked down so something better can be built in its place.

Again looking at what the two cards have in common, the QW may be the woman being ejected from the tower and as a clarifier the QW is drawing your attention to her. She might be you if you resonate with needing to be ejected out of some situation you've been in. Or she might be someone you know who you may need to catch or otherwise help once she reaches the ground.

You mentioned a fourth card that you also didn't interpret, so that card can't be discussed either.

HTH,
Rodney

Thanks for your response.
I had to re-read my entry to see what fourth card was referred to. The Death card didn't actually come up in anything to do with this reading. It is just an interpretation that I have heard, that Death is change and if you don't make the change willingly, then the Tower will come crashing in and the change will be made for you. So the Death card was not actually a part of the reading.

I will get the hang of this, I promise :)

My interpretation of the 3 of swords is bad news. Last year I drew it for one of the those 4 weeks in a previous monthly reading (same reading as I started with)... and my sister was diagnosed with a brain tumour in that week. (we've gotten through that, but I remember well that the 3 of swords can be very bad news).

I'm not sure what bad news the Tower is representing. I have some financial irons in the fire that could be delayed and I was hoping to travel to visit someone next month and a reading has said that isn't going to happen.

Just as an aside, I did get the Death card in the monthly spread for September, and it was literal... my kids' cat had to be put down. The spread I'm referencing here at the top was one I did after for October, as I tend to do this around once a month.
Blessings,
D