Marseilles Seekers Thread (Fourth Exercise)

EnriqueEnriquez

:)

Very nice.

I have literally spend the entire week looking for a book. I wanted to share with you an exact reference about Milton Erickson, the father of hypnotherapy, and how he taught his grandmother to read by showing her the shapes of the letters. But I never found that book (Healing with Hypnosis). I did find this quote, in another book (Milton H. Erickson An American Healer), which is somehow related to the one I was looking for. You will see how it is totally pertinent to what we were doing here. Let me preface it by pointing out that Erickson was color blind, tone deaf and dyslexic.

“Erickson told us that his teacher got mad because she was not able to make him understand the differences between the letter “m” and the number “3.” Suddenly one day, in a ray of light, he sat that “m” was like a horse standing in all four legs with its head bent down to the ground, and the “3” was like a horse standing on his hind legs. He said the flash of light was so strong and brilliant that he could only distinguish the “m” and the “3” amid that explosion of light”.

I kind of know what “explosion of light” is he talking about. Don’t you?

:)

It is time to go back to our cards, so I will post the fifth exercise tonight.

Best,

EE

EnriqueEnriquez

Ah!

Let me put and end to this thread with this wonderful phrase from Poet Theodore Roethke:

“Remember: our deepest perceptions are a waste if we have no sense of form.”

Best,

EE

Wendywu

I used the random word generator (url given by Mosaica in post #2 in this thread).

EE said to capitalize it, and then go through the deck using pips only to ask a question we find interesting (same one for each)using the pips to work with it.

I end up with RASDOM as my word.

Exercises to follow ....