RWS Group: Favorite Card

Phoenix

To officially open this group, I would like to know about your favorite card in the deck.

What is your favorite card?
Why is it your favorite?
Is there anything about the card yuo dislike?
Is there anything about this card that you like the most, or is the most eye-catching?
Anything else you would like to ad.

Thanks!

jmd

I presume that, given your questions, you have a favourite card, Phoenix.

For myself, I find it very difficult to answer the thread...

I suppose that a number of cards have stood out for their careful 'subliminal' designs. Of these, the High Priestess certainly deserves special mention (again - I know I mentioned it before in the thread Using Tarot Cards: Rider Waite card(s) secret......). The pomegranates on the curtain/veil reveals the pattern of the Tree of Life.

Kazz

6 of Cups

Well for me it's the 6 Of Cups.
Just recently I have come to learn that there is 2 faces on the smaller image (child)..( I can't believe I haven't seen this before..I have had this deck forever..lol)......one face is looking up at the jester (larger figure, or whatever you want to call it;)) and the other face is looking away!
This card now, to me the interpretation changes, depending on which face I see when I first look at the card. the face looking up ....excepting, embracing ..the face looking away.....unexcepting, reservations.
So I love this card, and it (IMHO) is one tricky card to look out for in readings, I like the idea of "what face I instantly see" that can be of importance in a reading.

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

Silverlotus

In nearly every deck the three of Swords is my favourite card. However, I would say that the High Priestess is my favourite card in the RWS deck.

Why is it my favourite? I'm not really sure. Maybe because I'd like to be more like. Maybe because I like the symbolism of the veil.

Is there anything I don't like? Yes, the RWS colouring! It's much prettier in the Universal Waite deck I think.

I think my favourite part of this card is the moon sitting at her feet. She is so in touch with the mysteries that even the moon bows to her.

Kissa

Re: 6 of Cups

Kazz said:
Well for me it's the 6 Of Cups.
Just recently I have come to learn that there is 2 faces on the smaller image (child)..( I can't believe I haven't seen this before..I have had this deck forever..lol)......one face is looking up at the jester (larger figure, or whatever you want to call it;)) and the other face is looking away!

Hi Kazz,

Watched my 6 of Cups but still can't get it ... Can you be more precise ?? Do you have to turn the card somehow to see the 2nd face ?

Thanx !! How did you find out BTW ??

Kissa

Kazz

Re: Re: 6 of Cups

Kissa said:
Hi Kazz,

Watched my 6 of Cups but still can't get it ... Can you be more precise ?? Do you have to turn the card somehow to see the 2nd face ?

Thanx !! How did you find out BTW ??

Kissa
Hi Kissa,
The smaller figure's 2nd face is in the hair (the yellow hair) if you look only at the yellow hair, the eyes seem some what closed , the nose, and a small pouted mouth.
I think I found it out in a book I was reading and I also vaguely remember something about this card was written up in here ages ago. .with this 2 face thing mentioned. (I think)
I hope this helps you...you know, now that I can see the 2nd face, I can't seem to focus on the other...lol:D

Kissa, let me know if you can see it!

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

lupo138

8w

I thought long about that - it is the 8 of wands. The card is nearly abstract and quite clear at the same time. It leaves room for possible interpretations and was sometimes a messenger of falling in love to me. The landscape in the background reminds me on upper Italy. It is fire moving through air. It is darts. It is Sagittarius. It is me.

mrsjvan

Strength

Mine would have to be Strength. It is my soul card and it is so much of what I would like myself to be. The woman in the strength card is calm and gentle in the face of a very dangerous creature. She isn't trying to use brute strength to control the lion but confidence. She knows that she can handle it. The firey redness of the lion is soothed by the purity in the white dress that the woman wears. To me the card is so serene and inspiring. When I feel like I don't know if I can handle a situation I think about the strength card and know that the strength lies within me, I only need to summon it.

sagitarian

King of pentacles

Never thought of it before, but thought that I would go through my deck as an excercise and see which card was most appealing to me. I have the universal waite deck. This is just based on design and art, not necessarily meaning. My favorite is king of pentacles. He looks so handsome, and gentle. I love the design of his robe and the overall flow of all the earth and greenery growing, surrounding all around him.

Emily

My favourite has to be The Sun from the Universal Waite.
I like this card , the happy child on the white horse, the sunflowers - you can almost feel the warmth of it. Its a very positive card.