No hat for the Page of Swords

poivre

Going through my court cards I noticed that the Page of Swords is the only court card that does not wear a hat.
Is there a reason for this?

Thanks for any replys.

sharon

Some musings!

Hi,

I'd never noticed or thought about this until i read your post, but then thought that as swords are connect with the intellect and thoughts.
By wearing a hat he could be closing himself of to other ideas - maybe from outside influences as page can represent a messenger

So, it could be a reminder not to be close-minded and be prepared to to share your ideas with others and speak out about what concerns you. In addition to be willing to listen to other's ideas.

Your post has helped me see and understand this court card in a new way - many thanks

Sharon

bunnyhop

good ?

i was thinking...i probably wouldn't be wearing a hat if i were running around with a sword in hand...most likely would fall off :)

Indigo Rose

Re: Some musings!

sharon said:
By wearing a hat he could be closing himself of to other ideas - maybe from outside influences as page can represent a messenger.
Sharon

Great thoughts here, Sharon. I hadn't ever made much of him not wearing a hat either, but it makes sense. This card is a symbol of mental agility and rapid thought; associated with AIR in astrology. When looking at his hair blowing in the wind, and no hat you get the sense his mind is FREE and open to new thoughts.

Thanks for the ideas and insight. As always, the learning continues on AT. :)
Blessings,
Indigo Rose

CreativeFire

A very interesting observation! I as well had not noticed that he was the only one not wearing a hat. Your thoughts make great sense as well Sharon.

Just goes to show you that sometimes we are looking so hard for what images and symbols are "on" the cards, that we don't readily notice what is "missing" or absent, which can also have a significant meaning.

Am going to have a closer look at the rest of the court cards now ... :)

CreativeFire