Arthurian Legends-Where to begin?

WalesWoman

Would people be interested in beginning a study group for the Arthurian Legends deck?

I was shuffling through the deck, looking for a card that is so different in appearance from what I'm used to that it makes me stumped to begin this with and there was the 7 Shields[/7]. No one is leaning on their tool of the trade, watching with expectations. There is a pastorial scene in the centerpost column, that this is what holds up this room, that these treasures couldn't exist without it. Energy spirals up and around it, so I'm thinking that this is upward momentum, or upward mobility, nothing static or stagnant, not endlessly going in one circle, but a continuity and progression. I like this much more than that wait and watch and be patient, almost Hanged Man feeling i get with the RWS 7 Pentacles.

It seems appropriate to describe this whole idea of starting a study group. The seeds of the idea have been planted, but this card isn't anything like RWS images, but the message is flown free (the birds flying away and spreading the news).

Will anyone find nourishment here (the goat, sheep or cow, grazing in the pasture) or will the idea come to ruin...that bit of stone walls that looks a bit like a stone henge. Can we create a treasure trove of information that gives us food for thought and quenches our thirst for knowledge, that will endure the cycles of interest and participation or lie down here in the depths and gather dust?

Sophie-David

Legend Study Group

WalesWoman said:
Would people be interested in beginning a study group for the Arthurian Legends deck?
I noticed that this question wasn't really resolved in this thread. Currently there seems to be about five people who have contributed to four different Legend threads. Is there a desire to formalize our discussions and perhaps do a card or group of cards at a time (such as done with all the fives, all the pages)?

I could go either way on this, so I won't be upset on whatever we decide - my Capricorn aspects like to formalize, but my Aquarians like spontaneity. If we did wish to go with the formal route, I would be happy to make and maintain an index thread.

What we have so far are the fives, the pages, Fool, Moon, Judgement, and Nine of Shields (this thread).

Cheers
David

Sulis

Would you like the posts concerning the 9 of Shields to be split off into a seperate thread? I'd be quite happy to do that.

Also if someone wants to make and index thread linking to the cards you've done so far I can add it to the index of study groups thread so that people can access your group easier.

Drop me a PM

Love

Sulis xx
moderator - Tarot Study Groups

WalesWoman

sophie-david said:
my Capricorn aspects like to formalize, but my Aquarians like spontaneity. If we did wish to go with the formal route, I would be happy to make and maintain an index thread.
Sullis said:
Also if someone wants to make and index thread linking to the cards you've done so far I can add it to the index of study groups thread so that people can access your group easier.

This would be so great...we've been disscussing all sorts of cards and I like the way they seem to flow from one to another, but it's also hard to get back to one particular card when a new insight or way to apply it comes along.
If you are willing and able to do this David, I for one would very much appreciate this...my Capricorn in in my moon...good for some things but my Leo makes me too impatient to sit down and do the maintenence work.
My hope is to get enough threads going with active participants to warrant a real Legends study group.

RedMaple

I like the idea of having an index, because it makes it easier to go back to discussions and find things, not only for us, but later on as an archives.

Should we make separate threads as we discuss each Major, then? We don't have to do them in order if that would be too linear :) We all seem to like this associative thing we're doing. But I wouldn't mind being a bit more focused. :)

mooncat2

:)
The recent reading Waleswoman did for me has inspired me to blow the dust off my poor Legends. It also sent me here and I've really enjoyed reading the posts - great reading and inspires me even more.

However having them all in together makes it very difficult for anyone wanting to join in - for example to post my thoughts on the Moon I would have had to break into the discussion on Judgement . Its all a bit confusing and I'd rather see each card have its own thread. :)

Wardi

I have to agree with the idea of starting a more formal disscussion of the deck and the cards. I also I haven't been using my deck in a while and have blown the dust off of them to use them in correspondece witha project for school.

WalesWoman

Carol,
I'm glad that reading got you inspired to dust off the deck! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts as you rediscover this treasure.

magpie9

It never occured to me that you were Not a formal study Group.

I've been following each of these threads as they form, and am getting a great deal out of it, just lurking. my Legends is no longer dusty, 'tho I'm not reading with it yet. I have very much enjoyed the organic way that the cards have slid from one into another. It's hard to asses whether it would be better to do it in a more linear way, 1 card per thread, and perhaps lose that spontanious progression, or get a bit more formal with it!

Luckily, it's not my decision to make!

Either way, I'll be reading along with all of you, and perhaps posting now and then, if that's OK? I don't want to make a formal commitment because of many changes in the works in my personal life right now. I really can't predict what will have to go by the wayside, for a little while now.

Sophie-David

Hi Magpie9

We are just in the process of deciding on a structure and will have an index posted in a day or two. I'm sure that you would be more than welcome to join in and to read or post as much or as little as you wish.

I have also got a lot out of Lyones', RedMaple's and WalesWoman's posts by lurking. It was only when they moved on to the specific Majors that I was studying that I felt I might have something worthwhile to contribute.

David