Lovers as action?

Libra289

So The Lovers, Knight of Cups and The Hanged Man as action a man will take towards a woman.

I see it as a choice made in love (The Lovers), a romantic message/proposal (Knight of Cups) where a lot is sacrificed (Hanged Man).

Or am I way off the mark? :)

LeFou

Lovers - He's evidently interested, thus he goes ahead with...

Knight of Cups - A sign, a gesture, an invitation, a Valentine...

Hanged Man - And observes whether she responds. But Hanged Man can imply that he's "waiting, watching," thus may not take any action.

P.S. Lovers and Hanged Man are very deep cards beyond choice and sacrifice. The more you look, the more you'll find. HM is particularly profound for Tarot because it shows "transcendence," i.e., reaching a newer, higher level where everything looks completely different -- now we are wise, liberated, perceptive, utterly transformed, forever changed.

Libra289

Lovers - He's evidently interested, thus he goes ahead with...

Knight of Cups - A sign, a gesture, an invitation, a Valentine...

Hanged Man - And observes whether she responds. But Hanged Man can imply that he's "waiting, watching," thus may not take any action.

P.S. Lovers and Hanged Man are very deep cards beyond choice and sacrifice. The more you look, the more you'll find. HM is particularly profound for Tarot because it shows "transcendence," i.e., reaching a newer, higher level where everything looks completely different -- now we are wise, liberated, perceptive, utterly transformed, forever changed.

Beautiful! So does this mean he will take action towards the querent, or leave it alone due to the hanged man?

QueenPen

Beautiful! So does this mean he will take action towards the querent, or leave it alone due to the hanged man?

He is not going to make the action. He has chosen to wait and see what happens, first.

Libra289

He is not going to make the action. He has chosen to wait and see what happens, first.

Ah I see, but if he/she don't take action ... then wouldn't it be a stalemate? As in, 2 of Swords? What would be the significance of The Lovers & Knight of Cups? I'd see King of Cups as being the passive 'wait & see' type ... I feel, because it's a Knight, that there will be some form of action of the romantic variety.

QueenPen

Hanged Man means wait and see. Lovers is that a decision was made to send a message then wait. Or made a decision to wait and not send a message.
Very well could Be a message coming your way...
Or, if u send him a message, he will not reply.... Hanged Man, in this type of scenario in my experience, doesn't act.

Libra289

Hanged Man means wait and see. Lovers is that a decision was made to send a message then wait. Or made a decision to wait and not send a message.
Very well could Be a message coming your way...
Or, if u send him a message, he will not reply.... Hanged Man, in this type of scenario in my experience, doesn't act.

The reading wasnt for me, it was for someone else. I asked what action he would take towards her, so she won't be the one sending the message :)

QueenPen

The reading wasnt for me, it was for someone else. I asked what action he would take towards her, so she won't be the one sending the message :)

Yeah. After I posted, I realized I misread the question.