7 of wands reversed RW

Silverbells

Hi All,
I've been getting the 7 of wands rx a lot lately. Somehow, a while ago, I was looking at him and he looked like he was holding a broom and sweeping cobwebs from the ceiling...And then I thought: "cleaning house," ie. working on personal issues that cause you to be unduly defensive in personal relationships! I want to think that could be a valid interpretation but why would I keep getting it if that is a correct interpretation?...

dancing_moon

Yes, that sounds like a valid interpretation. Also, could be letting go of the need to defend your principles no matter what and be a little more open-minded.

The reason why it keeps popping up might be that, while you understood the message of the card, you haven't actually started acting on it. When you do, it should leave you alone. ;)

Silverbells

Thanks, dancing moon :)
You know what, that whole "defending your principles no matter what" interpretation could be just the thing! I have a tendency to very "principled" thinking and there is a lack of emotions most times. I have long thought that just maybe I need to inject or integrate the human-emotional element into my thought processes a bit more. It is indeed something that I struggle with because I tend to not trust emotions within myself for daily living and decision-making...for other people - fine, but myself, I always think that "principle" is safer for me...Okay, lets work with this! :D Thank you dancing moon!

So, upright he fights the obstacles that threaten his principles or ideals; reversed he drops the stick because there are no obstacles or threats to his principles/ideals up in the thin air. The thin air only contains his ideas of principles and there is no material threat, only his own imaginings of threats. Nice.