8 of swords for signs to look for in a person

csophia

I did a spread to know who my next relationship will be with....RW and no reversals

and in place of 'Signs'to look for about the person, or things that will stand out about this person I got the

8 of swords........ Could that mean he is married??

Any ideas to help me with that? Thanks

moon_light

It could be marriage or a relationship, but it could really be being tied up by anything. My first thought is someone who doesn't seem to have the time for a relationship.

Teheuti

Signs: A tortured soul; someone who doesn't know how to reach out to others; very introverted. Too many thoughts and too much analysis keeps him paralyzed.

Elliot

Could be someone who is fearful of rejection; or perhaps someone who is unwilling to try new thing.

csophia

thanks moon_light... thought could mean someone really busy... also thought could be someone's profession? Met this person that i thought could be him.. he is a surgeon, with all those knives in the picture.. then thought about this :)

It could be marriage or a relationship, but it could really be being tied up by anything. My first thought is someone who doesn't seem to have the time for a relationship.

Teheuti

He doesn't see a way out of his dilemmas - whatever they are. By itself it doesn't indicate married. Someone who works with sharp objects is a possibility but that could be said of any Swords card - the bigger issue is that the swords inthe 8 create some kind of barrier and/or blindness (in the RWS deck).

Amanda

Perhaps someone with very cool sunglasses and a tattoo that wraps around the arm or something, like barbed-wire.

Teheuti

Perhaps someone with very cool sunglasses and a tattoo that wraps around the arm or something, like barbed-wire.
I like this!

Perhaps you need to make an agreement with the cards before you begin as to whether you are describing physical characteristics or status (married, etc) or psychological states.

pandap

I did a spread to know who my next relationship will be with....RW and no reversals

and in place of 'Signs'to look for about the person, or things that will stand out about this person I got the

8 of swords........ Could that mean he is married??

Any ideas to help me with that? Thanks

Could be a warning of a difficult, unhappy relationship ... may be that he turns out to be a control freak and you're left in a position where you're trapped, with next to no freedom.

danieljuk

adding to all the other great ideas, it could be someone who really sees themselves as a victim. They can't do anything to change anything, it's out of their control but really they are not taking responsibility for their part in their problems.

secondly as a general type of person, it might be someone who is really "your type", they fit your list of what you are looking for exactly but very tightly in your boundaries. You could be trapping yourself by choosing someone who is exactly like other people from the past, it's playing it very safe to your tastes (this could be a good or bad thing ;) )