Grand Cross?

dadsnook2000

Comments on the Grand Cross

Earlier comments expressed interest in the Grand Cross relative to the T-Square. I had noted that the T-Square sets up a "tension" mechanism that tends to drive one to take action, to productively use the planets and houses involved. My T-Square involves Sun/Neptune in the 4th opposite Saturn in the 10th, both squaring Jupiter in the 6th. I've never had to worry about not having work (Jupiter, 6th), and much of my work has involved building bridges between concepts (Sun/Neptune 4th) and actual, physical manifestations (Saturn, 10th). This has involved 1) astrological practices and building new systems of thought, 2) electrical engineering of automation and machinery systems for production lines, 3) developing imaging systems applied to placing photos onto light-sensitive polymers to make printing plates, 4) creating software systems to help businesses manage and schedule production, 5) painting and graphics creation to sell and market services --- all are examples of using this particular T-Square.

Grand Cross patterns are less common. At one time my thinking was that this pattern tended to put all of the planet-expressions at odds with each other and pushed the subject into a sort of fibrillation where energies would be scattered and not be so productive. In recent years I have found that these people are hyper-driven, indeed they are inclined to do everything possible. But, they just express their grand-cross pattern as if they never sleep; its just go-go-go-go with them. No rest, just driving forward. This can be a problem in working with others when there is no time for the "others" to reflect and choose alternatives --- they are badgered into doing something and doing it now, if not sooner. For the subject with the grand-cross pattern, it can be exhausting in some cases depending upon the planets involved and the houses involved. Perhaps the houses can offer a clue to how the grand-cross affects one; angular houses equals being busy, succeeding houses suggest maintenance and managing stability, while cadent houses points to a busy mind and working within the worlds of talk and communication (as exhausting as engaging in physical work). Dave