How To Learn Playing Cards?

Pumpkin

I picked up a deck at CVS a few days ago. I don't know that is a good one to start with. Every card is pink and white. I might order the celtic look one with the red and black suits.

Sheri

There is a site that sells cool looking playing cards that magicians use. I think it is a magic website. I'll try to find it and post. I almost got one of the decks...some of them look kind of gothic I thought. Very cool, but I was looking for a deck that looked vintage so I went with a 1864 Poker deck reproduction. US Games sells them. Tarot Garden did have some, but they don't usually carry them.

valeria

intothemusic

i have been using ITALIAN PLAYING CARDS and i've never seen accuracy like this. the problem is finding the right translations.... i use the NAPOLETANE and the PICENTINE, does anyone know anything more about this?

Pumpkin

6 Haunted Days said:
Sorry for finding this question so late.

I have tried quite a few methods. The hedgewytchery method was ok, but just too....basic. To much negative and with red being postive and black negative....just didn't work for me.

I finally found a book The Playing Card Oracles :A Sourcebook for Divination by Ana Cortez and it finally all awoke and worked for me! I swear I was in tune with the cards, meanings, nuances and such almost right away. In fact I connected and bonded with the deck and system much faster than Tarot. We have a very special relationship. Oh also her father illustrated the deck, he has been doing drawings of the PC deck for over 30 years...and the colours, images on the cards are breathtaking. I highly reccomend this system and deck. But as she states many times, you don't need to buy the originally illustrated deck, you can just use any old PC deck. Here is a long thread on it http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49877.

I just looked at the links and read the thread. I ordered it. Thanks for posting.

6 Haunted Days

Pumpkin said:
I just looked at the links and read the thread. I ordered it. Thanks for posting.

Great! I am always glad to spread the word, I really hope you love and connect with it as much as I have :royal: